fs/swap pulstar purple hubs pair

pics added they are the cup and cone version :cool: and theres nothing wrong with the cup and cone version's ;)

Attachments

• DSC00897 (Large).JPG
    DSC00897 (Large).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,175
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dan, I'll take you up on that offer mate. These could look good on the rascal!

Cheers,
bb.

Thanks for the pic! I know there's nothing wrong with the ball & cone version, it's just that I have the sealed version and was looking to pick up a spare rear hub for the freehub body alone (which seems to be the achilles heel of these hubs, sadly).

There is a guy named Tim Thompson who's active on framebuilder forums who, in the past, machined an adapter to allow the use of Shimano freehub bodies on these hubs...but my repeated attempts to contact him were unsuccessful.

I think I've roughly sketched what's needed...you guys with the ball & cone versions are better off in this sense, because the replacement Shimano freehub bodies also use balls & cones. I'd still have to machine out flats for sealed bearings even if I did get the Shimano to fit.

I like the sealed hubs, though. I think they were the last versions - the front is a 9000 series, for example - perhaps made in an attempt to restore Pulstar's flagging reputation at the time. I have a bunch of hub disassembly pics if anyone is interested.

- Doug :)

kaiser":2mqqzgqb said:
ck, you ever built a pair of these up?

built one pair of these ages ago easy to build and dead easy to true ONCE i figured out the spoke lenght :roll: :roll: :roll: (third times the charm) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

boyburning iv'e pm'd you :cool: :cool:

Back