Rocky Mountain Blizzard - 20th Anniversary

adymcd

Dirt Disciple
After much debate I am moving my 18.5" RM 20th Anniversary Blizzard on to a new home, it is in mint condition with the only mark being shoe rub to one chainstay.

It does not really need much introduction so I have attached a link to RM for the geo and another for a review

[/url]http://www.bikes.com/main+en+01_102+Blizzard.html?BIKE=431&Y=2006#3 http://www.silverfish-uk.com/articles.php?articleshow=303 [img]http://img.photobucket.com...t, RF chainset, deus stem and RF alloy riser

While it's nice, we are a retro forum and a 3 year old frame is not very retro ;)

Also Merlin Cycles sell the frame new for £399 delivered.

So I may be interested if you sell for £100 delivered (once I check out RM's current sizings)

FluffyChicken":1k3lcgv6 said:
While it's nice, we are a retro forum and a 3 year old frame is not very retro ;)

Also Merlin Cycles sell the frame new for £399 delivered.

So I may be interested if you sell for £100 delivered (once I check out RM's current sizings)

I have owned it for nore than three years so maybe you are thonking of the wrong bike

Merlin are not selling the anniversary model and whilst this may not currently be retro it will almost certainly becom collectable the merlin one won't.

Don't bother wasting your time checking the geo as it is not the right bike for you

Your link goes to a 2006 bike ? which is three years ago :LOL:

I cannot see the difference between the newer bikes and the 2006 model other than the paint scheme and stickers.

So I'm out then as I don't intended to wait another 15 years to see this possibly become retro because of a paint job :roll: and you don't want sell it to me anyway :eek:

If yours in the Anniversary version, then it's 2005 - the link you posted is to the 2006 silver/white version (the same as I have).

While I think that you'd be (extremely) lucky to get what you're asking for it, it does no harm to try and if you'd be willing to go below the £300 mark then I'm sure that it would sell, if not on here then on STW or Ebay.

To be offered £100 posted is, presumably, just taking the piss and I don't really understand why someone on here would want to do that. Lots of people sell modern-ish stuff on here anyway (myself included) so personally I don't see what the problem is.

I wasn't going to add anything else, but seen as I'm apparently taking the piss :LOL:
That £100 should probably read more like £200 which seems a reasonable price for the frame (a modern Vertex was a hard sell at £175 recently with headset and forks) and there have been other modern frames including a Blizzard.
But that was my offer and others can always offer more. i.e. used modern stuff is half price to me and current new price is £400 (I ignore the year as current seem very similar and made out of the same stuff).

It'll never go for more than that even in retro land (i.e. once the frame becomes proper old), look at the high end old frames. Only the ones that have cult following or are something special or are Titanium fetch great deals of money and then not really much more than you are asking for this frame and that ignore devaluation due to interest. The fact it happens to fall on an anniversary means diddley squat unless they did something special to the frame which I cannot see.
That is me, speaking from what I see retro frames sell for and what modern frames have been up for sale for.

I don't mind modern things being sold by regulars who happen to have it for sale. I've even bought some of it. But this looks like somebody coming here just to sell on modern bike stuff because it's a bike forum and I'm getting sick of it :(

Though if it's to fund the RC100 it looks like you want, enjoy the bump and I hope somebody buys it for around the price you would like.

FluffyChicken":2iv3a05k said:
I wasn't going to add anything else, but seen as I'm apparently taking the piss :LOL:

Well, you have to admit that offering what amounts to £85 (once you take off the cost of postage) for what seems to be a pretty immaculate frame is getting fairly near to that (or that's what I would think if I was selling it anyway).

And we were all new around here at one time (although I have to admit I'd get a bit more established before I tried selling something).
On the other hand, what real harm does it do?

Back