Orange P7 '97 21", Complete Bike, frame never ridden

The Old Commander

Retro Newbie
Still tripping over this in the garage so needs to go.
21" 97 P7 in black. The frame was an insurance replacement (drove the previous one into a height barrier whilst on the car roof!) but other bikes took over and got ridden instead.
The frame is therefore quite honestly 'as good as new' bar one tiny chip on the chainstay and a tiny scratch on the top tube from being in the garage.
I built it up from period bits I had scattered about a year ago with plans to ride it, which now just won't materialise.
XT rear mech, XT V brakes, 1" Pace RC36 in fine order, XT on 217 SUP wheels, control tech stem and best of all ace orange Wildgripper tyres, plus a spare new set; Non period parts are a deore front mech, fsa headset and kore bars.
Thinking £350 given the frame condition and if I'm off the mark someone let me know as I need the space.

Attachments

• 055(1).jpg
    055(1).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 681
  • 054(1).jpg
    054(1).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 681
  • 053(1).jpg
    053(1).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 681
  • 056(1).jpg
    056(1).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 681
Hi, this maybe the answer to my 'needs'! What year is the frame btw? Also, are the forks sound and (most importantly) are they rear rack bosses I can see in the picture? Cheers

Its a 1997. The forks are perfect working order, smooth and no wobble - stanchions are unmarked, they've probably less than 500 miles on them.
There are bosses at the rear dropout, not sure if they were intended for a rack or guards (1997 was the day when crudguards still had stays on them rather than the seatpost bracket - they were miles better looking!) An uninformed inspection suggests them to be 'fairly sturdy' and there is a bolt point in the centre of the wishbone at the top of the seatstays so it looks as if something would work rack wise.
Sent you a PM too;-

Thanks, not quite sure how the centre (single) bolt could work for 4 point carrier. Does anybody have a solution for this? Wiggle have a seatclamp with carrier holes but this would be pretty high up on this particularly lovely bike.

Back