FS: Bontrager rolling Chassis

flange

Retro Newbie
Hi

Posted this on STW a week ago and someone pointed out it would probably be better on here.

Bought this for the SO about 4 years ago as a complete bike - since then we've had the frame resprayed, new graphics applied and I've replaced most of the parts. However she is now after a road bike so this is up for sale.

Its a 15 inch frame (42 cm seat tube, 54cm top tube) and forks, which as mentioned have recently been resprayed. There are a few small chips on the chainstays and a mark on the forks but these are pretty unnoticeable, otherwise its a stunning looking frame.

The bike comes with a brand new Thompson masterpiece seatpost in silver - it's literally come out the bag and thats it.

Wheels are Bontrager rims, the front built on a red hope ti glide, the rear recently rebuilt onto a Pro III which is again brand new in red. Silver spokes and red nipples. Tyres are not the ones pictures but period Ritchey megabites which have loads of life left in them.

Bars and stem are original kit, not sure what they are though. L-bar ends are again what came on it - think they might be Look. Shimano Canti's and hangers will also be included along with the levers. Headset is threaded and will come with the bike.

It really does pain me to sell this but its not going to be used. However, I'd rather hang it on the wall than sell it for silly money so I'm looking for £350 for all the above. Keeping in mind the cost of rear hub and seatpost and you're getting the frame for not a lot of money.

Wilkitcher at gmail.com for questions - I'm based in Suffolk but spend my time commuting to Bracknell via the M25 so can deliver within reason.

3818196300_2de17d8088.jpg

3818197076_9a845c0ce8.jpg

3817387233_bed93b05fc.jpg

3817388855_9dc7db6a31.jpg

Ooh! That I like!
I think it would be hard going to convince the missus she needs another bike though. She thinks one is enough! :roll:

Ooh! That I like!
I think it would be hard going to convince the missus she needs another bike though. She thinks one is enough! :roll:

See - thats the very same issue I had. So she got it for Christmas.

If only I could find a 19inch version.....

If you could find a 19" version, you'ld only have to convince me...
Very thoughtful of you to get it sprayed to match her dishwasher, washing machine etc...

The dishwasher? It'd be flesh coloured then - my cuticals are ruined

I'd consider splitting out the frame and fork. PM me or email and we can talk beer tokens

Cheers

in that case id be interested in the wheels, and live near the M25/Bracknell so would be happy to meet

Back