Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:21 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 107  Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:44 pm 
Old School Hero

dyna-ti wrote:
I have a lawwill fork but the crown has a couple of cracks at the leg mounting bolts. It was my intention to have a replacement made as i would think nowadays having this done is a bit easier that it was originally
I rebuilt an F4 blt this was replacing all the pivot points that were spidered with cracks to new hi grade modern alloy and it looks amazing.
The lawwill i reckon would have cost £120 to do rough price but i dont think ill ever manage that task so i thought id ask here about replacements. Or at least what it might be worth on the spares or repairs field :?

I cant find the original pics so ill do some more later.

On the crown leg bolts, the holes go right through an out the other side into a pit of sorts. I toyed with the idea of milling the exit hole square and putting a nut behind. It would allow the leg bolts to be done of to proper torque without affecting the cracks. Probably would work quite well but i wouldnt trust my life/Face/chin to it :?

:) Ta

So how much you want for it...!?

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:52 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

patineto wrote:

Well thats what im asking, i dont know what its worth so ,it being a US fork i though id ask the US sellers to help gauge an approximate price from :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:03 am 
Old School Hero

For a broken fork? Don't hope for much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:10 pm 

patineto wrote:

Well im thinking of popping it on ebay.
There was the possibility of just making a new crown as it would solve a lot of problems and allow me to redesign it to allow for a better grade of modern alloy ,the option of a removable steerer of either 1" ,1 1/8" or even 1 1/4" and also thinking i could extend the crown / leg fitting to make it longer in order to provide better support, as that seems to be an area of concern :?
If that option proves too expensive then ill pass it on. Handy to come up with an approximate price for a 50% reserve.

chefmiguel wrote:
For a broken fork? Don't hope for much.

Fork? FORK ?? :shock:

:facepalm:

I'll take that as - "Ive no idea" :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:39 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

1983 Fat Chance w/ 531 Box Crown Fork
SN: 8370
Complete and in good condition.

$1300 USD Shipped within the Conti U.S.

More photos and details can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=272183

SOLD

Last edited by GoldenEraMTB on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:06 pm 
Old School Hero

Not the prettiest frame I have ever seeing but overall is in pretty good shape..

The other side

The only thing that worry's me is this excessive wear on the none driveside chainstay from the tire I guess (I just got the bike for the parts)

$40 plus shipping and I'm willing to ship world wide at buyers expense..

Full res pictures here http://patineto.smugmug.com/Stuff-for-S ... ;k=FtZLrhM

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:23 am 
Devout Dirtbag

Just the XT is available, moved to newer thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57212&p=2122414#p2122414
Clockwise from upper left:
Shimano Deore front der 34.9 $15 SOLD
sold XTR M901 34.9 $25 SOLD
XT M750 28.6
XTR M952 31.8 sold

Last edited by SpeedyChix on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:03 pm 

Fat Chance Team Yo Eddy 1992, Medium size frame, original Big One Inch fork
Damage to top of seat tube (see pics). Current seat post moves up and down fine. Been ridden in this state for two year, and damage has not got any worse. There is no damage to the junction of seat/top tubes and seatstays, or further down the seat tube. Frame alignment looks perfect, and from what I can see there is no internal rust (looking inside bottom bracket and down seat tube). Bottom brackets threads, rear derailleur threads and steerer tube threads all good. I had braze-ons for rear rack and seat clamp braze-on added when I had respray about 6 years ago (by Argos of Bristol, UK, a respected UK frame builder).

From what I understand the seat tube damage is a simple repair, but frame too small for me so I'm offering it up to see what any retrobikers have to swap. I will be keeping the parts, just want to swap the frame and forks. I'm after a mountain bike frame, between 19 and 20 inches centre-to-centre, ideally steel but aluminum also considered.

Pics here:
http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3826

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:23 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

joebooker wrote:
Fat Chance Team Yo Eddy 1992, Medium size frame, original Big One Inch fork
Damage to top of seat tube (see pics). Current seat post moves up and down fine. Been ridden in this state for two year, and damage has not got any worse. There is no damage to the junction of seat/top tubes and seatstays, or further down the seat tube. Frame alignment looks perfect, and from what I can see there is no internal rust (looking inside bottom bracket and down seat tube). Bottom brackets threads, rear derailleur threads and steerer tube threads all good. I had braze-ons for rear rack and seat clamp braze-on added when I had respray about 6 years ago (by Argos of Bristol, UK, a respected UK frame builder).

From what I understand the seat tube damage is a simple repair, but frame too small for me so I'm offering it up to see what any retrobikers have to swap. I will be keeping the parts, just want to swap the frame and forks. I'm after a mountain bike frame, between 19 and 20 inches centre-to-centre, ideally steel but aluminum also considered.

Pics here:
http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3826

responded to your thread on fatcogs, re: the frame
thanks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:16 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

anyone in or around the 424 California area code that would like to help with a bike inquiry?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83 ... 107  Next