Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:04 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 107  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:53 pm 
Old School Hero

Red size 16" 1987 (or there abouts) Ritchey Ascent in state of disrepair and in need of a tuneup but complete, mix of DX and XT components, rear wheel is not original and crappy..

I take pictures when i get home..

$200 plus shipping (willing to ship worldwide too, but I don't know if the box will be to big..)

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:41 am 
Old School Hero

I'm having connectivity problems with my internet for the last two days so I can not upload pictures to my gallerys, so if you need pictures of the Ritchey just send me your phone number and I send you pictures from my iphone (Actually pretty good for a camera phone..) I also have a "upgrade" offer, I can exchange the ugly DX thumb shifters for a nice set of 7 speeds XT's in great shape, a really light & loud Hugi build rear wheel (not exactly period)(to replace the crappy rear one) and full replacement 5mm brake housing (I have a whole roll of it) for a $100 more..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:10 am 
Old School Hero

SOLD....!!!!!!!!!

Finally I got some Iphone pictures uploaded to Smugmug, man slow connections suck ass..

Is a shame the rear wheel was replace, since I bet you it was build on a Duraace hub too.

The crappy replacement wheel.

Now for some close ups..

The chainstay shows some "Chainsuck" but is not so bad, funny considering the U-brake was suppose to help mitigate that..

The XT long cage rear is scratch up but perfectly straight..

Shimano "600" headset..

The saddest part of the whole bike are the DX top mount shifters (reason why I offer a upgrade to the pretty XT's)

The crankset is 175mm XT and the rings are in really great shape (I was cleaning them when I took the picture)

Last edited by patineto on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:27 pm 
Old School Hero

Early 90's "Petaluma era" Salsa Ala Carte. Based on the serial number (SM668) I'd put this at about 1991 or 1992. Center-to-center measurements are 17" seat tube and 21-1/4" top tube. From a ride quality and pure comfort standpoint this is easily the best retro mtb I've ever owned. Built up with mostly period-correct XT with the exception of the Matrix branded cranks made by Cook Bros. Handlebars are Answer TaperLites, seatpost is Syncros, rims are Mavic 517's, and saddle is a well worn Turbo that has seen much use on many different bikes I've had over the years. Salsa stuff: roller stem & seat QR. Fork is a Tange Switchblade. No damage to the frame, bike rides great. Paint is original and in decent condition, however if someone wanted to do a repaint I'll throw in a full set of decals if the bike sells at asking price. I picked them up from the original owner who got them a few years after he purchased the bike.

US shipping is preferred, however I will ship overseas as well. Just be prepared for that shipping rate. Shipping will be actual cost, no boxing or handling fees.

Not in a massive rush to sell, but if this doesn't sell as a complete bike I'll most likely part it out in the not too distant future. Oh, and the M737 pedals are included as well.

$600 + shipping (PP gift, please) SOLD

Last edited by Rigid Dog on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:24 pm 
Old School Hero

Chris King 1" NoThreadSet in black. Bearings are great, finish & lettering on cups is in nice condition as well. Comes as pictured.

$70 shipped within the US (PP gift, please). SOLD

Last edited by Rigid Dog on Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:30 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Rigid Dog wrote:
Early 90's "Petaluma era" Salsa Ala Carte. Based on the serial number (SM668) I'd put this at about 1991 or 1992. Center-to-center measurements are 17" seat tube and 21-1/4" top tube. From a ride quality and pure comfort standpoint this is easily the best retro mtb I've ever owned. Built up with mostly period-correct XT with the exception of the Matrix branded cranks made by Cook Bros. Handlebars are Answer TaperLites, seatpost is Syncros, rims are Mavic 517's, and saddle is a well worn Turbo that has seen much use on many different bikes I've had over the years. Salsa stuff: roller stem & seat QR. Fork is a Tange Switchblade. No damage to the frame, bike rides great. Paint is original and in decent condition, however if someone wanted to do a repaint I'll throw in a full set of decals if the bike sells at asking price. I picked them up from the original owner who got them a few years after he purchased the bike.

US shipping is preferred, however I will ship overseas as well. Just be prepared for that shipping rate. Shipping will be actual cost, not boxing or handling fees.

Not in a massive rush to sell, but if this doesn't sell as a complete bike I'll most likely part it out in the not too distant future. Oh, and the M737 pedals are included as well.

$600 + shipping (PP gift, please)

http://s60.photobucket.com/user/frankenbike/media/100_4531_zps5d85ddf0.jpg.html

Oh...I want!
If I sell my 83 Fat, I will gladly give you your asking price for this. (It's understandable that you're not in a rush to sell it...very cool) 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:05 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader

New GT LTS bushing kits. I have a couple of sets. $40 posted.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:01 am 
Retro Guru

NOW SPLITTING:
XTR M900 Partial Group - Mix of NOS/New/Used

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=271066

Attachments:
M900_group.jpg
M900_group.jpg [ 278.6 KiB | Viewed 555 times ]
Cassette.jpg
Cassette.jpg [ 317.27 KiB | Viewed 555 times ]

Last edited by timkrik on Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:22 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

• Airborne Ti bar, 6 deg sweep, 25.4 $40 plus postage SOLD Thanks!

• Answer ProTaper riser bar, 25.4 silver $20 plus postage SOLD Thanks!

Last edited by SpeedyChix on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:30 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

I have a lawwill fork but the crown has a couple of cracks at the leg mounting bolts. It was my intention to have a replacement made as i would think nowadays having this done is a bit easier that it was originally
I rebuilt an F4 blt this was replacing all the pivot points that were spidered with cracks to new hi grade modern alloy and it looks amazing.
The lawwill i reckon would have cost £120 to do rough price but i dont think ill ever manage that task so i thought id ask here about replacements. Or at least what it might be worth on the spares or repairs field :?

I cant find the original pics so ill do some more later.

On the crown leg bolts, the holes go right through an out the other side into a pit of sorts. I toyed with the idea of milling the exit hole square and putting a nut behind. It would allow the leg bolts to be done of to proper torque without affecting the cracks. Probably would work quite well but i wouldnt trust my life/Face/chin to it :?

:) Ta

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 107  Next