Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:26 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 107  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:01 am 
Retro Guru

Gottcha. Perhaps I can be of furthur assistance?

Above you state that your Klein Pulse is superior to the 16 Klein Pulses that have recently sold because of three characteristics that only your bike possesses.

Based on this assumption it is a simple formula to attain the correct asking price.

Grab a pencil and complete the below worksheet:

Step 1) Assign a value to "first generation hand made frame" = $xxx.xx
Step 2) Assign a value to "one of a kind gator linear fade paint direct from chehalis" =$XXX.XX
Step 3) Assign a value to "hand-signed head tube with an original bill of sale" = $XXX.XX
Step 4) Take your values from the previous three steps and add them to the
Average Sale price of a Klein Pulse in the Market place. $190.14
Step 5) VOILLA! You have your asking price.

I am afraid I cannot be of anymore assistance in your sale. You will have to take it from here on your own.
Cheers

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:01 am 
Dirt Disciple

JSO im starting to think you might be a tire kicker :facepalm:

do you have a bicycle to trade what is it :shock:

show and tell has arrived

not to mention you interupted my message to my bro rootbeer. i was sending him love cuz he gave me some compliments on my sled, anyway, somebody said, i cant remember where right now, that people that interupt others are like trolls - you're not a troll are you?

you see that picture down there, take a good look, because its the only gator pulse that ever rolled out of chehalis washington

this pulse is on the table for all to see here at retrobike and there are no secrets

i have released the serial number and its build history here at this site in the past. i have challenged anyone to find another or disprove what i say it is - nothing - crickets was the response
by the way retrobike, who did paint the gatorpulse? did u find out yet? i know exactly who painted it because most of it is WRITTEN/DRAWN WITH BLACK MARKER ONTO THE INSIDE OF THE HEAD TUBE
don't worry JSO, all those pulses on ebay have signed head tubes also :facepalm:

tell you what, lets take your 190 dollars average from all the trekpulse ebay trash you wasted your time looking up and we'll add that directly to the original bill of sale from 1995 for starters -
then we should add in a hefty dose of this is the only one in the world .... lets see, cross multiply.... its now 2013 .... carry the 9 ummmm uhh aha! ive got it......

show me a bike or a lump of money or go away

here comes an important part JSO, when a man writes this down : serious enquiries only - what that means is, when you respond to the advertizement, you have something to offer of equal or greater value than what is being advertized. if not, you start to look like thay guy whos out to give somebody a hard time for no other reason than to be a troll.

Attachments:
pulsegator2.jpg
pulsegator2.jpg [ 88.27 KiB | Viewed 427 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:09 pm 
Retro Guru

I am neither a tire kicker nor a troll.

If you read my responses you will see that I have tried to assist you to sell your frame while complying with RBUK guidelines

If you must know…..personally I have absolutely no interest in a Klein that was designed around a suspended front end (or rear end for that matter).
But hey…that’s just me. I am sure there is a Buyer out there somewhere for your bike.

You have been advised by Moderators and Members numerous times in the past to post a price per guidelines.

I am very confused as to your reluctance. (Would you violate these guidelines on an Arborists or Vintage Chainsaw Forum?) What do you hope to gain by this elusiveness?

You previously insulted the US market for our ignorance of what you deem to be desirable…so why post here in the US Sellers Thread now?

Quote: “i dont want to sell it to anyone in the states becuse the americans have no respect for the klein brand”
Quote: “i chose retrobike because it is close to my homeland of ireland and i'd like to see someone from the british isles or close thereof have this bike”

You obviously have a lot of emotional attachment to your frame and rightfully so…it is nice.
With that said…maybe you’re just not ready to sell yet.

Hold onto it and enjoy it for another twenty years. While your at it...consider driving over to Roddy's and see if he will color match a Judy.

BTW…for those of you that are confused about the reference to his bro Rootbeer’s recent interests (that I interupted) …you will have to scroll back 4-or-5 pages to find his statement.

Here are a few others…..
11/2/12
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=227972
11/3/12
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=228255
11/5/12
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=228441

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Mavic sup 217 rims white industries hubs green spoke nipples and continental tractin pro tires $250 shipped

Manitou stem 1-1/8 x 125 ?? +5. $40 shipped

Tange switchblade prestige fork very good condition might need cleaning 1-1/8 x 5.5 threaded removed from a large haro extreme $130 shipped

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 381.66 KiB | Viewed 336 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 305.64 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 350.38 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 288.56 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 296.33 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 314.27 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 293.1 KiB | Viewed 338 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

When I was mod, I kept this thread tidy, for the most part. I no longer have my super powers, so please clean up after yourselves. It's been nice to have a thread this large, with this many views, without having to scroll through a bunch of bickering. All posts must have a price. Simple. As for the value of your items, there's a thread for that, but it isn't this one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:01 am 
National & North West AEC
National & North West AEC

Indeed. Threads like these need to be kept concise and polite.

Commentary on pricing, essays and shout outs to your bros, need to be kept elsewhere.

I thank you all for your cooperation...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:42 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

drystonepaul wrote:
Indeed. Threads like these need to be kept concise and polite.

Commentary on pricing, essays and shout outs to your bros, need to be kept elsewhere.

I thank you all for your cooperation...

Thanks, Paul.

This has been a drama free thread; let's keep it that way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:30 am 
Old School Hero

Prices don't include shipping. Items in the US, happy to ship abroad. Paypal gift, please.

Yeti Thermoplastic handlebar. No cracks or damage, one logo has a few scuffs the other is really good. They measure 575mm in length and don't appear to have been cut. My digital scale flutters between 120 & 125 grams, so let's say 123 grams. Nice way to finish up that Yeti project. $50 SOLD

Ritchey WCS OmegaBite "Red Tread" tire. Size is 26x2.1 and it has a lot of tread left. There doesn't appear to be any cracking in the rubber but the sidewalls are starting to get that criss-cross pattern. Very light casing and according to the scale it comes in at 635 grams. $30

Last edited by Rigid Dog on Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:32 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

Tifishlips#1, in order to sell a bicycle to someone far away, the buyer needs to feel confident sending money. Would you send $200 for a low end Klein to someone as wacked as you are presenting yourself in threads about this bike?

Neat side note to have signature on the bike. My friends Attitude has "Wild Child" written on it under the clear (from the factory in Chehalis Washington). Of course their Attitude doesn't have the Gator Fade paint like your Pulse does.

On another side note, there has been a Pulse for sale on the local CL here for $200 for quite a while now. Of course it is not a Gator fade.

Cracking me up over here. Good luck with your sale.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:59 pm 
Retro Guru

From what I remember on early to mid 90's Kleins, Anyone could special order any color scheme on just about any model Klein (just needed to ask or be informed at the lbs). Just had to want it enough to pay for it. $300 to start. Almost intrigued enough to make an offer, just to strip it and have it painted mardi gras colors.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 107  Next