Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:40 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 107  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:28 am 
Retro Guru

This is nothing to do with me but someone in Vancouver has 20 years of MBA going free or for beer if anyone local is interested:

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=34167

Register or login to remove these adverts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:21 pm 
Dirt Disciple

selling one of my GTs to save some cash and go on a trip to Germany :)

$800 plus S&H which should be around 120 to 150 depending on where in the US you are

all my GT bikes are just hanging in my garage for display, but once in a while I take them out for a ride at my local trails. this bike was used last week and it is in 100% ridding conditions. it has some original parts and some upgrades.

XTR V-Brakes
XTR wheelset (need some trueing)
XTR rear derailleur
Drivetrain was replaced last year for a new XT
XT shifter/brake lever combo
Rock Shox Super Deluxe rear shock (I realized last week when I rode the bike that the knob to adjust rebound does not move. maybe some WD-40 will fix the issue, maybe not).
fork was replaced last year also for a rock shox Reacon with remote lock out and "U-Turn" adjust travel from 85mm to 120mm.

unfortunately, last week when I rode the bike. I had it laying on the side of my car and I pushed it and the bike fell to the side and the Remote Lock out thing on the handle bar broke, so it has to be replaced or removed and leave the fork working without it. Honestly, I have never used the remote lock out feature, so I don't see the need to replace it and that's why I didn't change it.

another thing is that when I took the bike apart yesterday to start boxing it, I stripped the head of one bolt on the stem, so I managed to cut it to take it out, but the second half is still inside the threaded part of the stem. I have since installed another stem for pictures purpose, but it is a road bike stem (the one pictured) it is a 3T 90mm stem.

The one that comes with the bike (with broken bolt) is an Azonic DH stem that cost me 60 bucks. I can send the Azonic stem with DH bar and you remove the bolt and install a new one (the thread was not damaged) or I can send the road bike stem, which in my opinion looks like crap LOL. I can send pictures of the Azonic stem so you can decide better, just email me.

The decals are flaking and pealing like most of the STS's out there, but they are still there.

Post subject: rear wheel wanted
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:22 am 
Retro Guru

looking for a rear wheel or whole set...
FH-MC12 32hole if just rear [Alivio] or better [maybe stx but not se] for bike i am cleaning up...have cash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:34 am 
PoTM & rBoTY Winner
PoTM & rBoTY Winner

I dropped these on eBay yesterday. They're in phenomenal shape, but a few grades above STX. I may be listing a black-hub LX wheelset in a few days as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280956928602?ss ... 1555.l2649

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:54 am 
Retro Guru

yo-Nate-y wrote:
I dropped these on eBay yesterday. They're in phenomenal shape, but a few grades above STX. I may be listing a black-hub LX wheelset in a few days as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280956928602?ss ... 1555.l2649

those are very nice!!!!!
i have a bike i would love to put these on, but they are way too nice for my project bike AND that still leaves me with the need for a mc12 or mc32 style [silver] rear hub.........dang those are nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:00 am 
Dirt Disciple

Some rare/NIB Campy, Dura Ace, Suntour stuff:
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.ph ... st14699992

Also, a new nation wide bike swap list I made! If you know of a swap not listed, let me know.
http://bikerecyclery.com/bike-swaps-comprehensive-list

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:31 am 
eBay Outing Master

dq13 wrote:
selling one of my GTs to save some cash and go on a trip to Germany :)

$800 plus S&H which should be around 120 to 150 depending on where in the US you are

all my GT bikes are just hanging in my garage for display, but once in a while I take them out for a ride at my local trails. this bike was used last week and it is in 100% ridding conditions. it has some original parts and some upgrades.

XTR V-Brakes
XTR wheelset (need some trueing)
XTR rear derailleur
Drivetrain was replaced last year for a new XT
XT shifter/brake lever combo
Rock Shox Super Deluxe rear shock (I realized last week when I rode the bike that the knob to adjust rebound does not move. maybe some WD-40 will fix the issue, maybe not).
fork was replaced last year also for a rock shox Reacon with remote lock out and "U-Turn" adjust travel from 85mm to 120mm.

unfortunately, last week when I rode the bike. I had it laying on the side of my car and I pushed it and the bike fell to the side and the Remote Lock out thing on the handle bar broke, so it has to be replaced or removed and leave the fork working without it. Honestly, I have never used the remote lock out feature, so I don't see the need to replace it and that's why I didn't change it.

another thing is that when I took the bike apart yesterday to start boxing it, I stripped the head of one bolt on the stem, so I managed to cut it to take it out, but the second half is still inside the threaded part of the stem. I have since installed another stem for pictures purpose, but it is a road bike stem (the one pictured) it is a 3T 90mm stem.

The one that comes with the bike (with broken bolt) is an Azonic DH stem that cost me 60 bucks. I can send the Azonic stem with DH bar and you remove the bolt and install a new one (the thread was not damaged) or I can send the road bike stem, which in my opinion looks like crap LOL. I can send pictures of the Azonic stem so you can decide better, just email me.

The decals are flaking and pealing like most of the STS's out there, but they are still there.

or buy it cheaper on ebay for $749 :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT-STS-1-Carbon ... 2a228911f0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:07 am 
Dirt Disciple

SORTED ... many thanks.

Hi.

I thought I'd post this little wanted ad here because of its USA-centric request ...

I was wondering if Thomson ever made a silver 27.0 seatpost? If anyone can enlighten me I'd be grateful ...

At the moment they are only offering it in black black black and more black. They say that their stockpile is large enough that making another batch isn't in their foreseeable future.

And ... if anyone has got a Thomson silver 27.0 seatpost that's 400(ish) long that they are willing to swap for some coin I'd be even more grateful.

Thanks very much. Frank

Last edited by sirfrank on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:55 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Not massively helpful, but I'm at least fairly sure that they did...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:01 am 
Dirt Disciple

Hi elpedro666

Thanks for your reply. Yep, once upon a time ...

I was contemplating buying a black thomson seatpost and having it re-anodised silver ... has anyone had any experience at this?

(but a large part of me thinks that such a move is a step too far ... that I should stick with the slightly shabby and bent post ... after all what would bikesnob say!)

Cheers. Frank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66 ... 107  Next