Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:51 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 107  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:59 pm 
Retro Guru

*UPDATE*

Sold for $389 + postage, ebay.

Alright, I have to sell this along-also posted in the general sale section:

1988 Scott Boulder, all original except for seatpost and grips. Shimano Deore FD, RD, Pedals, Shifters, canti front/rear U brakes-note that the shifter bodies and brake levers are black-I've never seen that before with Deore parts. Scott branded, gold ano bars, Scott saddle, Tange Levin CD headset. The wheelset is freaking sweet-black Weinmann 26x1.75 hard ano concave rims laced to stunning high flange, pewter anodized Suzue touring hubs with sealed cartridge bearings. Original ChenShin tires, all cables and outers original, original Shimano brake pads (cracking).

The frame is awesome, Tange 'Special' double butted chromoly with a partial wraparound seatstay, spare spokes/chainslap protector on the drive chainstay and a curved seatstay bridge. Fork is most likely Tange, it's in beautiful shape and has rack/pannier bosses-how handy is that? The paint is yellow metallic-it's hard to see the metallic effect in the pics, but in direct sunlight it really pops.

Condition is mostly spectacular, some rust on the skewers, fresh paint chips on the top tube (short-term previous owner's careless lock placement :cry: ), minor chainsuck, a few scratches on the chainstays (also very recent) and the BB needs to be tightened/greased but feels fine. The cap for the left shifter is a little marred up as well, and the brake levers have a few scratches.

Size is 19" (48cm) measured center of bb to top to top tube, with a 21.5" (44 cm) top tube and a standover height of about 30" (76cm).

I've searched around quite a bit, this appears to be a pretty rare bike, and the build is totally unique and well thought out. It's an absolute joy to ride, I was grinning as wide as the handlebars cruising around before I took the pictures.

I'm looking for $380 USD, plus shipping. I'll split the postage to the EU with the buyer so it will probably cost $80 or so-it really depends on the weight of the 2 boxes.

If you have questions, just let me know. Small thumbnail pics are clickable so you can see additional details.

Last edited by shogun700 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register or login to remove these adverts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:00 pm 
Retro Guru

Whoa, two nice Scotts, back to back....how unlikely! Really nice bike mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:23 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

shogun700 wrote:

I second that sentiment 8)

Will, yours would make the perfect "beater" that I could lock up, and have some chance of it being there, when I get out of class/work, and hit the trails, at lunch haha.

But, alas, I'm not a buyer anymore :(
Good luck with the sale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:30 pm 
Retro Guru

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
Will, yours would make the perfect "beater" that I could lock up, and have some chance of it being there, when I get out of class/work, and hit the trails, at lunch haha.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks-agreed about the bike, it's got 'daily driver' written all over it. Good to see you around, I'm sure you'll be buying again down the road....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:38 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

shogun700 wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks-agreed about the bike, it's got 'daily driver' written all over it. Good to see you around, I'm sure you'll be buying again down the road....

thanks man 8)
Still got that m730 part you wanted, if you still have use for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:46 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

shogun700 wrote:

YES, ditto!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:25 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

WTB: 27.0 x 330 or longer seatpost, prefer Syncros

willing to trade with this 31.6 x 425mm Syncros post http://www.photobucket.com/syncros316
(has a few scratches shown in pix, also a few rain drops as it's raining hard today!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:30 am 
Retro Guru

klasse wrote:

willing to trade with this 31.6 x 425mm Syncros post http://www.photobucket.com/syncros316
(has a few scratches shown in pix, also a few rain drops as it's raining hard today!)

here you go :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Syncros ... 500wt_1287

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:38 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

retrofit wrote:
klasse wrote:

here you go :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Syncros ... 500wt_1287

thanks, I saw that...may make an offer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 pm 
Retro Guru

Groundoggy wrote:
Kinetic-UK wrote:
Hey guys, my friend from San Francisco ....

Are they new? If not have him write 'used parts' for the description of the item and a low value like $5 so you won't get taxed a bunch. If they are new have him write 'gift' or 'samples' and a low declared value. 'Gift' is always a safe option when in doubt.

You pay a percentage of the declared value in taxes and then a handling fee probably.

He sent them as Gift and I wasn't charged.

Very nice shifters. Now to fit them to my bike. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 107  Next