Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:23 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 107  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:49 pm 
Retro Guru

thrashin wrote:
ok people, Im looking to unload my YO!.... 1993 M/L, OG somerville. I would prefer to sell it complete, however if someone wants the frame I will part out the rest afterwards. some parts are NOS, the ones that are not are in excellent condition. If you need a parts list email me, thrashin1@hotmail.com
$1300 OBO

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2781/4382993497_667804bc08_b.jpg

Damn, 3months too early, that's a bonus splash if ever there was one.....

Register or login to remove these adverts

Post subject: GT
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:38 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

I picked up what I thought was a GT Team RTS on the local Craigslist a while ago. After a little research, I learned I was duped and it is actually a RTS3 that has been re-decaled. Not something I am interested in keeping. My loss your gain.

No suprises, Be aware this is not a Team frame. It is a beautiful example of early 90's GT full suspension craftsmanship.

$250 USD

Plenty of pictures to check out the frame here. It is as nice as it looks. Need a different angle or have a question PM me:

http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 ... m%20Frame/

Edit...Changed price......PM soon, I will be out of country for a couple weeks..

Post subject: Value of Ringle Moby
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:51 am 
Dirt Disciple

What is the fair value of a Ringle Moby blue anodized? I'm thinking about selling mine, someone locally wants to buy it, but I think they are daft in what they are valuing it at. As they say, "they ain't makin' more."

However, collectible they are, his point is that they weren't really the greatest seatposts. Unlike a Thomson or Syncros which rarely broke, there were lots of reported Moby failures, which I also remembered.

So should the Moby be valued for being collectible for a vintage build, or valued for not being a totally bombproof seatpost?

Post subject: Re: Value of Ringle Moby
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:06 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Mtnbke wrote:
What is the fair value of a Ringle Moby blue anodized? I'm thinking about selling mine, someone locally wants to buy it, but I think they are daft in what they are valuing it at. As they say, "they ain't makin' more."

However, collectible they are, his point is that they weren't really the greatest seatposts. Unlike a Thomson or Syncros which rarely broke, there were lots of reported Moby failures, which I also remembered.

So should the Moby be valued for being collectible for a vintage build, or valued for not being a totally bombproof seatpost?

Might want to repost this, in the tread dealing with evaluations:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... start=3180

Then return and post it here, with a price, if you want to sell it. Thanks

Post subject: a few spares
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm 
Retro Guru

Just a few parts that I'm not using... Take what you will.

LX Paralax hubs 36h used but in great condition. $50

LX triple crank used in rough condition. $40

Deore DX 3X8 STI lever set used in good condition. $40

A-Tac stems 135mm 1 inch steerer & clamp. NIB. $40

Faded purple bar ends. $20

Rock Shox Super Deluxe shock for LTS. $100

Rock Shox Judy DHO triple clamp fork with disc and v brake mounts. $125

All prices include shipping to the lower 48, happy to ship anywhere in the world at cost.

Attachments:
2011-12-13 21.03.11.jpg
2011-12-13 21.03.11.jpg [ 107.72 KiB | Viewed 934 times ]
atac.jpg
atac.jpg [ 15.26 KiB | Viewed 934 times ]
2011-11-16 20.37.41.jpg
2011-11-16 20.37.41.jpg [ 96.35 KiB | Viewed 934 times ]
super deluxe.jpg
super deluxe.jpg [ 105.72 KiB | Viewed 934 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:25 am 
PoTM & rBoTY Winner
PoTM & rBoTY Winner

SOME NEW STUFF:

Seatposts!
SOLD ControlTech 27.2. Short/road-ish sized 242.5mm length. Great shape, quite light. $40
IRD Quadzilla. Yo Eddy's 29.4. NOS. Long Long Long 430mm. Made in Japan. $45
Ringle SOLD
Sakae TCO. Nice shape, some oxidation on finish. 360mm. Fat City favorite 26.4mm. $35

Bars!
S-Works, beautiful gold anodized 150gram bar. GREAT SHAPE. 23" wide. $50
SOLD Answer Hyperlite.
SOLD Titec Titanium bar. 22" wide, logos with slight wear, but nicely visible. Comfy and uber light 118 gram bar. BERT anti-crush end pieces. $65

Cranks!
RaceFace Turbine. Mis-matched set--one is CNC slick, one has a slightly 'pebbled' finish. Not noticeable on the bike. 175mm. 110 BCD. Beautiful shape with slight ground strike on crank arm ends. $120

SOLD XT M730 with rings. 175mm. $75
XT M730 with hardware. No rings, but in nice shape. 175mm. $65

All prices post paid in the lower 48.

Last edited by yo-Nate-y on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:16 pm 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader

you still want the glow in the dark A-TAC? I'm looking for a set of Shmoo 730s for a project. (it's 22.2 quill, btw)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:19 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I just posted this in the main Sale forum, but I figure it might get some traction here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After much deliberation, I've decided to put this up for sale. I just bought another frameset and the missus is asking me to move some on. I've made a resolution to ride more and build less this year, so some lucky person will have the opportunity to finish the project that I started. OK, now the details...[CLICK ON THE SMALL PICS TO EXPAND]

1988 John Tomac Signature frameset: 19" frame. All decals have been removed except for the "Made in Japan" decal on the seat tube. The frameset comes with brand new frame and fork decals from gil_m, along with a nice repro Tange decal for the seat tube from VeloCals, and Shimano decals for the seat stays and top tube (the catalog bike did not have the Shimano decals on the top tube, but Tomac's bike did). The frame shows typical wear of a 24-year old bike, but as the pictures show it's still in good condition and, in my opinion, definitely would not need a respray. I'd like to get $350 for the frameset and decals (I paid over $100 just for the decals)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I sourced all of the following parts for this build, so the buyer of the frameset gets first crack at them.

NOS Araya RM-20 / XT M730 wheelset: These wheels are absolutely gorgeous. NOS Hard anodized Araya RM-20 gold label rims laced to NOS XT M730 6-speed hubs. Rear spacing is 130mm. I'm very tempted to hang on to these, so I won't be moving on the price. Included is the NOS Shimano 6-speed cassette. $275
NOS Tioga Farmer John's Cousin tires: Mounted but never used. Still soft and not dried out at all. $60 for the pair, or $50 with the wheels.

NOS Vetta 200 saddle: This is the quintessential piece to this build. Exact spec that Tomac used. Beautiful suede cover. $100
Image Image

NOS Tioga T-Bone stem: 135mm x 10 degree. $60
NOS Tioga Tange Prestige handlebar: 560mm. Includes NOS decals. $75
NOS Suntour XC seatpost: 26.8 x 300mm. $80

NOS ODI Mountaineer "Mushroom" grips: They're correct for this build, except they're gray instead of black. $40
Image Image Image

Shimano XT 6-speed thumbies: Great condition. Not major marks or scuffs. No scratches on the clamps that I can see. $60
Shimano XT M730 front mech: Good condition. Inner plate has a little corrosion, but the rest of the mech is nice. $35
Shimano XT M730 rear mech: Very good condition. $60
Image Image Image Image

Shimano XT M730 Biopace crankset: Great condition. Rings look like they've seen little use, although they are a bit dirty. Crank arms aren't scuffed too bad. $70 (picture coming)

Shimano XT M730 brakes: Front and rear. Good condition, but could use a polish to restore the shine. All mounting hardware and pads are included. $35 (picture coming)

Shimano XT M730 brake levers: One lever is a bit bent. I have not tried bending it back. Maybe it could be fixed? Priced accordingly. $18
Image Image Image

Shipping is not included in the prices for the frameset, wheels, and tires. Frameset will be about $60, wheels about $50, tires about $35 (but depends on the size of the box). Shipping within the U.S. will be a bit less. I won't be able to post the bike until late next week (on or around Feb. 4th).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 pm 
PoTM & rBoTY Winner
PoTM & rBoTY Winner

FMJ wrote:
you still want the glow in the dark A-TAC? I'm looking for a set of Shmoo 730s for a project. (it's 22.2 quill, btw)

Can you point me to a pic of it? I'm inclined to say yes, that'd be a cool trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 pm 

From the build thread:
yo-Nate-y wrote:
Gorgeous bike, awesome build---well done!

(tho I have to admit, I really like the mismatched original frame-fork-stem combination too)
(if that ATAC needs a home, let me know!)

I'm lettin' ya know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 107  Next