Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:06 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 107  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:25 pm 
Retro Guru

Can anyone help?

Register or login to remove these adverts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:56 pm 
Retro Guru

I'm in PA--not exactly close to Chicago but not on the other side of the country, either. As long as I don't have to re-pack anything I'm willing to forward it along.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:37 pm 
Retro Guru

There would be no repacking if I win, just the forward, that is all I need

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:11 pm 
Dirt Disciple

***WHEELS ARE SOLD**

Hope Ti Glide Wheelset with 32H 5 bolt black hubs. 185mm front and 165mm rear rotors included.
Velocity Aeroheat AT rear wheel with DT Swiss double butted black spokes
Mavic X317 Disc front wheel with DT Swiss double butted black spokes. The Mavic rim was a replacement for the Velocity when I taco'd the front rim going over the bars.

Hubs spin nice and smooth. Wheelset saw all it's life in Northern California many years ago with very little wet weather riding.

FYI - I had to mix some of the various rotor bolts I have accumulated over the years from owning Hope DH4's & Enduro 4's and a Hope Bulb wheelset over the past 10 years to attach the rotors to the hubs.

Looking for $175 OBO plus UPS shipping cost. Will charge buyer exactly the amount they charge me...no more no less.

** Please email me at bockus1391@yahoo dot com as I won't be checking PM's here very often***

Last edited by MSH on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:24 pm 
Dirt Disciple

**Wheels Sold**

White Industries - Mavic 26" Wheels 32H hubs 8/9 speed.
Not sure which Mavic rims as stickers are removed. I believe they are 221 or 222 Mavics. They are steel grey as shown here on this Mavic Rim finishes page...
http://www.tearsforgears.com/2011/06/mid-90s-mavic-rim-finishes.html

History of wheels - Purchased used in 1999, so not sure of prior history. My buddy worked for Yeti Cycles when they were still in Durango. I purchased these from another friend of his that worked with him at Yeti. The front wheel had a broken spoke thus requiring the rebuild I had done in Northern California. These ended up going on my brother's bike for a very short time and not being ridden much at all.

Both hubs spin smoothly with no play. Front hub does feel a tad "dry" however.
I threw both wheels on my Park truing stand and they both spin pretty darn true. There are a few nicks on the upper rim surface on the rear wheel (see picture below)

Rear Wheel/Rim - laced with DT spokes. Appear to be straight gauge. Not sure on nipples but assume brass. There are a few nicks on the upper rim surface. Please see attached pictures

Front wheel/rim - I had this wheel rebuilt long ago at Mike's Bikes or Wheelsmiths in Menlo Park, CA. I can't find the receipt but they were rebuilt with Wheelsmith butted spokes. Can't recall the nipples but once again I think brass nipples on this one as well

$195 USD OBO

Paypal payment preferred
Shipping - Will only charge buyer whatever UPS or USPS charges me. No more no less
International Buyers – Please Note: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to buying.

**Please email me at bockus1391@yahoo.com for any questions, etc**

More pictures available on my MTBR.com advertisement. http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=69120

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:38 am 
98+ Moderator
98+ Moderator

Hi,

Anyone willing to forward on a bike to the UK if I get it sent to your address ?, may need splitting into two boxs to keep the costs down

will cover all costs and a beer or two

Pm me if you can help

Many thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:51 pm 
Retro Guru

Hello Stateside Retro Bikers.

Sadly this project must go....

This is a LOT (Will not seperate) May even throw in some extras if you are cool.

LOT includes....
Cannondale Raven 900SX frame

Cannondale Lefty Max Carbon 140mm

SI Steerer and Stem

A bunch of proprietary Cannondale lefty/headshok Tools.

Here is the deal....

The Lefty is a $thousand dollar fork. however...it needs to be completely rebuilt. I know nothing about these things in fact...the whole Lefty thing kind of weirds me out.

The Raven Frame looks beautiful. However I have NO knowledge of these frames. Again..the thermoplastic/carbon, the radical design etc kind of weirds me out too. Despite being voted one of the top 25 most important bikes by MBA. Maybe not vintage...but appears to be a classic.

I am asking $400 for the lot plus shipping (around $35-$45 to the lower 48)

Here is where I came up with the pricing. The fork has got to be worth at least $200-$400 alone (Again needs to be rebuilt but it is a newer model w/the TI spring). The tools are probably worth $100-$200. The frames seem to go for a good amount of change. But since I am NOT familiar with it I am including as worst case wall art. The SI steeres and stem retail for $75-$90. So all in all this seems like a pretty good deal for $400.

Yes I know I could seperate this and sell for quite a bit on Ebay. But just want to get it moved.

Cannot seperate as I just packed in one box and it is ready to go.

Here is a link to more photos. PLease examine carefully.
http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk263/jsokbo/Raven%20%20Lefty%20LOT/

Post subject: Help needed (again!)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:21 am 
98+ Moderator
98+ Moderator

Anyone help with bidding/posting on some skewers for me please , costs paid , finishes half past seven tonight (UK)?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntour-Quick-R ... t_917wt_65

Please pm me if so :)

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:42 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171765

my ex-wife's 1998 IF Special: $900.00 USD
SOLD

Last edited by GoldenEraMTB on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: PM'ed you.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:56 am 

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171765

my ex-wife's 1998 IF Special: $900.00 USD

PM'ed You

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 107  Next