Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:04 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 107  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

myke wrote:
Sorry I guess. I got yelled at for posting a link there once because I won't ship across the pond...

that's your preference regarding not shipping across the pond; it's not against the rules for posting in that forum. The site mods don't want ebay links here. Since this is my thread, and they were nice enough to sticky it, I like to keep things neat and according to the rules...thanks for understanding :)

feel free to post here with set prices.

Register or login to remove these adverts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 am 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I'm clearing out many nice parts. Let me know if you're interested in anything.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90644

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:21 pm 
Old School Hero

Let me state very clearly that this no, repeat NO garage queen. This is a rider in the true sense of the word. When I got this it already had many miles on it as well as many chips & scratches. Since I've owned it I've put on my share as well. However there are no cracks and the shock works fine. These only came in 3 sizes and this one is the bigger of the 3, called a 20" in the 97 Breezer catalog. You can check out the catalog (in German that is) here:

http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekataloge ... r/1997.pdf

I've always known this was one size too big for me but that didn't stop me from having a ball on it. It climbs nicely and turns alot of heads in the process. I spoke with Joe a year or two ago about these and not only does he have info & small parts for them he still rides his. He even sent me a pic of his ride. Very nice. He also stated that Castellano Designs could provide replacement bushings if ever needed. Anyway, what you see is what you get. Frame, rear shock, way-cool generic bottle cage as well as the ultra generic seat post clamp (stock, I believe). As the headset is a bit different in design I'll also supply the lower cartridge bearing & crown race. As per info from Joe I had to contact Cane Creek to order the correct sized bearing so you'll get the one I had in there as well as a brand new one.

$150 + shipping

SOLD

Attachments:
100_3399.jpg
100_3399.jpg [ 110.36 KiB | Viewed 2071 times ]
100_3398.jpg
100_3398.jpg [ 108.4 KiB | Viewed 2071 times ]
100_3397.jpg
100_3397.jpg [ 115.26 KiB | Viewed 2071 times ]
100_3395.jpg
100_3395.jpg [ 110.94 KiB | Viewed 2071 times ]

Last edited by Rigid Dog on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:31 am 
Retro Guru

:shock: :shock: :shock: I just bought a Szazbo locally this afternoon for that same price without a shock! Looks like a great price for a unique bike. Somebody buy that. I have gone over my quota again with the Ibis, I just can't store another frame!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 pm 
Dirt Disciple

This isnt a mtb but it is steel and somewhat retro. Just wanted to put it out here for those in the USA that aren't on fatcogs.

My IF crown jewel is up for grabs. It's a 1998 model. Made from reynolds 853. It has the nice compliant chainstays and the matching IF steel fork. The frame has the typical scratches but nothing you would notice from 3 feet away. The team paint job is still shiny.

The bike has a 56 cm frame with a 57cm top tube.

Build is sensible but not fancy. Drivetrain is 105/Ultegra (shifters and rear d are ultegra) Wheels are Mavic open pros with shimano hubs and michelin tires.
Headset is chris king.
Stem and bar are salsa.
Thomson post, selle italia flite saddle with ti rails.

Everything works and is in very good condition, definitely a rider though, its too fast to be a garage queen.

Asking $1250 which is what I paid for it before the upgrades I did. If someone buys it in the next few days I will split the shipping costs with them(lower 48 only).

Pedals not included.
Bike is just as shown in pictures except the saddle which is now the ti railed version of the same saddle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:33 pm 
Dirt Disciple

I totally forgot there was a road bike sub forum (never scroll down that far). Mods feel free to move this if possible/necessary. :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi -

So I have not stripped the frame completely, so I don't have pictures yet.

FREE SHIPPING. That's right - this yank is crazy. I'll pay to ship it to england.

The frame itself will be packaged professionally in a box, at a bike shop. I'll be happy to provide pictures as it gets packed.

So - I would like to get 100 US for the frame, but i'll take reasonable offers or offers of trade.

Things I am looking for -

Suntour XC Pro Canti Brakes
Suntour XC Pro short pull levers

Cool Vintage brake levers (kookie - or something like that)

ok - picture time. I know that this picture made the rounds a lot when I was determining what the bike is, and I promise to get a picture of just the frame, with close ups.

Again, please understand that I have not finished stripping the bike down to the frame, and will provide better pictures.

contact info -

private message or

josh dot nadas at gmail dot com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:49 pm 
Dirt Disciple

oh yeah forgot to add -

I will include the seatpost and saddle, stem, and headset.

i am not shipping the fork for free. That fork is shot. If you want it, we can talk, but i promise you that it is toast.

but yeh, frame, fork, hs, saddle, seatpost included in the 100 usd price.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:03 am 
Retro Guru

What is the frame?
Liberty wrote:
Hi -

So I have not stripped the frame completely, so I don't have pictures yet.

FREE SHIPPING. That's right - this yank is crazy. I'll pay to ship it to england.

The frame itself will be packaged professionally in a box, at a bike shop. I'll be happy to provide pictures as it gets packed.

So - I would like to get 100 US for the frame, but i'll take reasonable offers or offers of trade.

Things I am looking for -

Suntour XC Pro Canti Brakes
Suntour XC Pro short pull levers

Cool Vintage brake levers (kookie - or something like that)

ok - picture time. I know that this picture made the rounds a lot when I was determining what the bike is, and I promise to get a picture of just the frame, with close ups.

Again, please understand that I have not finished stripping the bike down to the frame, and will provide better pictures.

contact info -

private message or

josh dot nadas at gmail dot com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:15 pm 
Dirt Disciple

The frame is a British Eagle Boss. It is made of aluminum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 107  Next