Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:22 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 107  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:56 am 
Old School Grand Master

GoldenEraMTB wrote:
I have a few kore stems as well

I have about 30 Kore stems!

Register or login to remove these adverts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:25 am 
Old School Hero

i have that many control tech stems! who wants one? so much cooler than KORE stems!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:02 am 
Retro Guru

Any one have any single speed 26" wheels they are getting rid of? Need one for a project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 am 
Old School Hero

i have silver PAUL SS WORD and Fhub hubset never built, but not in wheel form. let me know if interested

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:18 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

gm1230126 wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:

DocBraunson wrote:
i have that many control tech stems! who wants one? so much cooler than KORE stems!

Is this a kore pissing contest?

:lol:

I think it's fairly common knowledge that kore stems are not in short supply...control tech too

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:16 am 
Retro Guru

DocB: Got a few responses. Looking for something a bit more assembled and maybe not as nice. I do love Paul components though. I'll send you a message if things change for me. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:23 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

gm1230126 wrote:
GoldenEraMTB wrote:

Congratulations. That's great to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:48 pm 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

For Sale:

1986 Fat City Cycles Fat Chance

serial number: 86118

size: Large (19.5" measured from the center of the bb to the top of the top tube intersecting with the seat tube, from the very top of the seat tube to the center of the bb it measures 21.5"; 22.5" top tube though it might be different depending on how you measure it due to the angle of the head tube)

Braze-ons: two water bottle cages on the top side of the downtube, slotted cable guides, and fender/rack eyelets on the read dropouts.

True temper tubing, double butted cromoly tubing, plasma welded (very clean, barely detectable welds), no dents/dings/cracks/ with only slight rubbing on the chain stay by where the rings would be, no rust on the surface. A few scratches along the top tube, and again no rust formation.

Now, as all Fats from this period, the sealed seat tube was prone to rust from the inside out. I made a cleaning tool to inspect this on fats I've come across, if some B-9 boeshield and my tool can't reveal clean metal, then rust has begun the frame's death march. Good news, this frame had some collected moisture, and the start of rust, but it did not penetrate the interior surface, as most of it cleaned away within 10 minutes. When looking downt he seat tube with a flashlight, clean steel is visable at the bottom, woohoo! I've since sprayed with with more B-9, and it is saturated, so all moisture will be removed. Phew, another Fat saved :wink:

The BB spins smoothly, and seems to have been serviced recently. This bike gave me no problems disassembling, so i believe it was well cared for by the original owner- I'm the second owner.

Alright, I've probably said too much, but better too much than too little. Detailed photos to be posted tonight :D

seat collar along with q/r and 26.4 seatpost will be included. The seatpost is a throw in as it's just a kalloy, but it's better than no seatpost if you don't happen to have a 26.4.

Post subject: Mavic Oxygens w/ XT hubs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:51 am 
Old School Hero

For the last 10+yrs these have been used on a commuter bike. Prior to that they saw very modest trail useage. Rims are Mavic Oxygen M6 and have a flat black finish w/full eyelets. Back in the day these were one of, if not THE widest rims one could get (30mm!). Front hub is an M730 XT and the rear is an M732 XT (135mm spacing). These were professionally built by Wheelsmith (Wheelsmith spokes w/brass nips) and still bear the Wheelsmith decal w/serial number. They're 32° and still in very fine shape.

SOLD

Attachments:
wheels4.jpg
wheels4.jpg [ 164.41 KiB | Viewed 1442 times ]
wheels3.jpg
wheels3.jpg [ 157.08 KiB | Viewed 1442 times ]

Last edited by Rigid Dog on Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:31 am 
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

love those Oxygen M6 rims...great price as well; someone needs to jump on these.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 107  Next