Steerer Tube Swap Shop - shorter for longer! NO SALES!

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
The long and short of it is this - us taller, ganglier gents are crying out for steerers and clamps to restore our leggy steeds, only to find at every turn, they have been butchered, buggered and reduced!

This thread is now the OFFICIAL STEERER KARMA EXCHANGE area - when you have a steerer and clamp you are about to cut down, check with us willowy-types for a perfect swap.... in return you receive a thousand karma points! :cool: :cool:

Simply post up here that you are about to cut down say, a Manitou 1 and ask here whether there are any to swap that may be closer to the length you require, then exchange!! Suddenly us giraffes will be able to ride again instead of being forced into extinction...

You know it makes sense Rodders!

Mr K

Attachments

• Steering Committee.jpg
    Steering Committee.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 53,489
  • This time next year.....jpg
    This time next year.....jpg
    24 KB · Views: 53,486
***NO LONGER AVAILABLE***
Bloody good idea fella. Before anyone cuts down any a-head P2's, i've got some here that are useless to me. I'll post steerer length tonight but they're around 200mm (maybe) - they won't fit a 19inch kona but anything less & I reckon your laughing... :D

you need to amend this title to make it more obvious.

i've got a NOS 1in ahead, uncut mani mach fork crown somewhere

Title and deed

scant":1kxmui7z said:
you need to amend this title to make it more obvious.

i've got a NOS 1in ahead, uncut mani mach fork crown somewhere

I had planned to - once the concept had been generally accepted...

Mr K

Second scant. . .
Great Idea. . .
Would dearly love to help, but all mine are about 100mm now. . . I kept the bits I cut off though so maybe you can stick em all back together. :?:

I have an increasing collection of long steerers and forks with long steerers. Record being 320mm... :shock:

Heh heh,

I had images of gents in suits sitting around a long oak table.... :LOL:

I've got a Pace steerer somewhere that needs a good home, will dig out details...

Rich

But this will mean all those great big long ugly headtubed bikes will never go away

(only joking people and a very good idea) :D

Back