FS. 1995 Kona Cindercone 18" SOLD

jinjrich

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Arrrghh this pains me!

Was looking forward to this one, but i had the opportunity to buy a bike i never thought i'd get- and combined with the 1 in 1 out rule imposed by the long haired general i have to move this on.

1995 Cindercone in good shape. Some of the lacquer and therefore the decals is peeling on the downtube, there's a small crease from someone fitting the wrong front mech (invisible when mech is fitted) and some general small chips.

Prices include postage to UK. I'm not sending overseas, sorry.

Including Seat clamp, dog collar (brake cable guide), impact headset and Racelight seat post. £75

With Triple butted P2 £125
With Double butted P2 £110

As for other items in the photos: I'll be keeping the Bottom bracket, velocity stem, bars and tyres. The wheel rims are too worn to sell. Hubs are OK, so i can unlace/cut the hubs out and throw them in if you like (STX rear, Kona front)

4DQA4Gk.jpg

un3K2Hl.jpg

8mVsmvj.jpg

KEfg6L7.jpg

fLOIxWb.jpg

cNLlAEv.jpg

LzZlu9D.jpg

YKFeiRW.jpg

Re:

So very tempting .... my first MTB, indeed one of my first bikes, was a Cindercone in this colour way! But I can't recall Kona sizing/dimensions. Is 18 c to c seat tube? What is virtual top tube? Thanks.

Re: FS. 1995 Kona Cindercone 18"

Cheers Dave; Its 18" centre to top.

Kona's of this era had loads of stand-over room, and were quite long and low. Top tube actual is 22", virtual probably about 23".

The 95 catalogue is in the manufacturers archive so that should give you more solid figures.

I'm 5ft 10 with a 31" inside leg and historically favoured an 18" Kona, although i can get comfy on a 19 too.

Re: Re:

Thanks. 25 years ago I was pretty much same measurements - at over 70 I am almost 2" shorter! I'll think on, but sadly very probably too long and low at front end for me now. Don't wait on me. GLWS.

deleted. Ignore prev post, I really do have too many bikes! Really wanted this but had to stop myself!

Back