Saracen Tufftrax 1989 Aegean Blue

tufftrax89

Retro Newbie
I'm thinking about selling my Saracen Tufftrax 1989 in Aegean Blue which I've had since new in 1989. Size Medium.

Its been looked after, no structural damage, but it is 30 years old (how did that happen!), so there are quite a few bits that need attention.

Do you think it will get any interest / is it worth selling?

Attachments

• IMG_4737 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4737 - Copy.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 679
Re:

Probably not worth a great deal but more pictures, a price & location would help.
Or just keep it for memories ;)

Re:

I sold mine earlier this year for £70. It was in better original condition and had amber walled tyres. I've had plenty over the years and have picked up similar on ebay for less than £30.

In my mind the 1989 Saracen's are iconic but for some reason they do not sell for much.

Re:

My first "proper" MTB. Great bikes, but as someone else said, not worth much. If this was large I'd buy it, but it's too small. :(

You may struggle to hold much with the bottle cage that way up. :D

Thanks for the replies. More photos attached. Bike location - near Kingston-upon-Thames, South West London.

I'm pretty sure its size medium 20". With the saddle as shown, it fits me at 5 ft 8.

Catalogue here: http://www.rideandrepair.co.uk/Retrobik ... 9-1990.pdf

Price, £100, or less if buyer collects. I've not yet put it on eBay.

The bottle cage - actually with the Kryptonite there, that is the only way the bottle slides in. Works nicely :D

I have ridden thousands of miles on the bike, and its been really good to me. Much love for it as my first decent bike from back in the day! Just need the space now.

I've replaced a few cables, and the tyres. Sorry - not the original amber walled tyres :cry: though most of the rest of it is original and has lasted the course amazingly well. Foam is showing through on the original saddle. Rear gear cable is frayed (though still works!) - and the bike clearly needs some TLC.

Attachments

• Img_4738.jpg
    Img_4738.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 513
  • Img_4738.jpg
    Img_4738.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 513
  • Img_4740.jpg
    Img_4740.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 513
  • Img_4741.jpg
    Img_4741.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 513
  • Img_4743.jpg
    Img_4743.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 514
  • Img_4744.jpg
    Img_4744.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 514
  • Img_4745.jpg
    Img_4745.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 514
Re:

Those old Saracens are classics, but I'm afraid that's worth less than half of what you're asking, sorry - I picked up a completely original '88 Blizzard, virtually unused and including the original yellow label Ground Control tyres, for £29.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I wanted to get a feel for whether there was much love for them. I agree its a classic (biased!) - I like the simple clean lines - its comfy - and the fact its served me so well.

Maybe I need to build another shed and keep it ... and try my hand at giving it some TLC.

Re:

Here's mine & I love it... :cool:
Keep yours mate & give it some tlc!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    129.9 KB · Views: 454
Back