marin titanium ‘89; proflex ‘94; amp ‘95 complete bikes

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The RetroGrom does NOT want me to sell these bikes. Really doesn’t. But the DH animal needs to be fed. At 3000gbp per bikebuild, the new needs to be funded by the old. I don’t want them to go either. But here they are:

Bike 1
I doubt there again will ever be a chance to buy one of these: a 15.5 inch 1990 Marin Team Titanium - verified as July 90 manufacture Litespeed after discussion with TiAddict and query in with Litespeed's 15 dollar serial number check. Duncan McCann has priced this at 2000+gbp. One of around 30 made for team each year. The only other ones I know to be in existence = Matt’s 19inch and a 1989 19inch in Switzerland, and a 1990 previously featuring on RB, and TiAddict's. It currently is in its mid 1990s race spec - just as it was when it went to rest under a dustsheet at the time. Even has a unused Onza Porc front tyre. And original Mint Sauce stickers. 1500gbp plus courier.

Bike 2
Proflex 855 - yes, the elastomers are shot. But otherwise perfect. This also went into hibernation in 1997. Untouched since then. First gen Nuke proof hubs as originally supplied. 25lbs.These are much underrated. Absolutely original - medium; suit up to 5ft 10in...I’m 5ft 7in. 450gbp plus courier

Bike 3
Amp B3 and Amp forks
Built from frame up, supplied direct from Laguna Beach. Perfect in every way, stupid-light - sub25lbs. Middleburn, Mavic, X-lite titanium, XT etc. Everything tight and spot on. Also medium - I am 5’ 7’’ - optimum for that, good for that plus or minus either way. 650gbp plus courier.

Text 0770 250 5256 for pics and spec etc - location Cambridge.

Back