DX thumbies, rear mech, SS-5 levers

domperry76

Old School Hero
1992 Karakoram frame and forks in Tequila Sunrise, size is 22in - so on the large side... comes with GT seatpost, that funky flip-flop stem and a DX front mech. SOLD £35 + postage (minus the seatpost).

BR-M453 U-brake - decent condition, but a few small rust spots on the brace. £25.
FC-M550 LX chainset 175mm 46/38/24 - SOLD £20.
BR-M657 cantis - £10
RD-M650 DX long-cage rear mech - excellent condition SOLD £15
ST-MT62 DX thumbies. R/H shifter has a bit of play and I've swapped out the original clamp bolt for a new one. £20.
Dia-Compe SS-5 levers - silver. Some paint chips and have had to straighten the l/h cable adjuster but otherwise good condition. £20.
Postage on all the above is £3.00.

HB-M550/FH-M550 hubs on Araya CV-7 rims. Rear hub is a bit rough but front is OK. Both wheels are true, although a little bit of rim wear. They might be use to someone as spares/hack wheels. SOLD £10 + £10 postage.

Pics: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtQvSgbr8qvXqtMjYOTJWcyqTNRIPg

Re: Splitting: 1992 GT Karakoram (Deore LX/DX etc)

I think I can tell by the pics it is a 22" was hoping it's a 20, 22" from BB centre to top tube I expect. A great frame for those who like the tall ones. GLWTS

reanimation":13bi6axc said:
I think I can tell by the pics it is a 22" was hoping it's a 20, 22" from BB centre to top tube I expect. A great frame for those who like the tall ones. GLWTS

Yeah, it's 22in centre-centre (having just checked).

domperry76":mo6zikfs said:
reanimation":mo6zikfs said:

Yeah, it's 22in centre-centre (having just checked).
Is this where in the range? I like the colours

And where in the world?

The History Man":2lwv4hx6 said:
Is this where in the range? I like the colours

And where in the world?

Allow me if I may... The 1992 Karakoram nestled at the upper middle end of the steel range, below the likes of the Bravado, Avalanche/Team and the Psyclone.

I've had two of them. They're not lightweight but are solid and fun to ride (but I say that about all my bikes!) And this is the coolest paint scheme in my opinion.

Can't help with the GPS though I'm afraid :(

Re: Splitting: 1992 GT Karakoram DX thumbies, SS-5 levers etc

A bicycle befitting one of my stature. Thanks for info. Let’s hope he checks his thread.

So where is this future steed?

Re: Splitting: 1992 GT Karakoram DX thumbies, SS-5 levers etc

Evening - it's in Dorking. I could have sworn I'd put the location in the first post but I'm clearly too much of an idiot to do something sensible like that.

Back