Kona Kilauea 1997 custom build [REDUCED]

paul777

Retro Newbie
I've never knowingly been a retro biker !! But it is time to sell my much loved Kona Kilauea 1997, the bike is in good working order but for medical reasons I have had to move to full-sus, the bike hasn’t seen much use for the last 15 years. The frame has various bits of protection tape which could use renewing and there are some chips and wear to the paint in places.
This was a custom build bike in the late 90's so lots of retro parts from the era. Lots of hi-res photos available on the link below.

£300

Kona Kilauea 1997 frame (19")
Original CRUD catcher
Joe Murray combo bottle cage and bottle
XTR V-brake levers with XT V-Brakes (I love these brakes, the parallel push and cartridge system for pads was brilliant – no more adjusting as the pads wear) 3 sets of spare pads also supplied
Hope front hub
Mavic 217 sunset rims (lovely colour changing rims)
Red Flight Titanium Alpes saddle
Thomson Elite 410mm seat post
Odyssey Triple Trap Pedals
RST Mozo Pro forks – with spring kit installed. Alternative springs and original elastomers and manual also supplied. Regularly serviced.
Deore LX rear mech, STX chainset
8 speed freehub currently running 7 speed cassette with spacer
Deore LX 8 speed shifter (one shifter has lost the bottom cover but this doesn’t affect operation)
Club Roost riser bars and grips

Current weight including bottle, cage etc. is 12.6Kg according to my luggage scale.

Also included
Gold DCD (Dave's chain device)

£300 Viewing and collection from Woking, GU22 preferred but I could investigate postage if required

Images available here https://temp.haleynet.co.uk/default.aspx?Album=Kona

P1460023.JPG

Latest posts

Back