Hei Hei/// SOLD//:

F.R.O.

Senior Retro Guru
For sale Kona Hei Hei

size 17 kona
center BB to center seat tube 16 ".

the frame is in good condition, without bumps, without fissures, everything ok.

If you need information or detailed photos, do not hesitate to ask.

can see more pictures in the link

https://www.mtb-news.de/forum/t/kona-he ... os.886473/

please seriously.

Attachments

• 72BE018D-B399-479F-88DF-F2A78971A2D1.jpeg
    72BE018D-B399-479F-88DF-F2A78971A2D1.jpeg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,513
  • 16A7A6E0-930E-4D22-9D3A-61FB2BB9BF2F.jpeg
    16A7A6E0-930E-4D22-9D3A-61FB2BB9BF2F.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,513
  • 59491659-E38D-49C7-91FC-C1C262C3C6F8.jpeg
    59491659-E38D-49C7-91FC-C1C262C3C6F8.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,513
Re: Kona Hei Hei

al-onestare":11k8lkx7 said:
F.R.O.":11k8lkx7 said:
the only detail, the former owner reduced the size of the saddle tube.

Why oh why did they do that.

If the OP was referring to the Seat Tube, then I would assume the size reduction was done to help with fitting a wider choice of Seat Posts. The original size would have been 27.0mm, which are somewhat less common than other sizes.

The inside of the Hei Hei Seat Tube is lined with an Alloy sleeve, which is in turn bonded to the inside of the Titanium tubing. I don't know the thickness of the Alloy sleeve, but I would assume that it would be easier and more beneficial to have the Seat Tubed reamed out to 27.2mm, which would give the owner wider choice of Seat Posts.

The OP does say that the former owner reduced the size, but looking at the pictures in the link, I am now wondering if the original Alloy sleeve has been mistaken for a modification.

Pip

Attachments

• RB Hei Hei for Sale.jpg
    RB Hei Hei for Sale.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,242
Re:

does not look modded to me. they did two styles, long and short seat spouts, i owned the longer version and have seen your version countless times.

thanks for your comments,

It helps me a lot to confirm the saddle tube is with this original measurement, not cut.
I am happy

F.R.O.":36px44s5 said:
the previous owner reduced the length, but the work did well.
I kept the original cap.

is a sales post, no discussion.
any questions or clarification will be glad to respond personally, do not mess up the announcement.
thanks F.R.O.

I don’t think the commentary detracts from the advert. It wasn’t clear from your comment whether it was length or diameter that had been reduced. It’s all helpful stuff for a potential buyer :)

Looking at the pictures and work carried out and taking into account the sellers added details i would hazard a guess that it is a repair from a crack or other damage. Might be a good job but still a repair.

As for affecting the thread with comments, i think it is only fair to point out and discuss any repairs or modifications made to the frame.

Anyhow, good luck with the sale, shame it still doesnt have the other Ti parts as it looked really nice built up.

Mark

Back