1992 Kona Explosif - gold timewarp

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Selling my 19" Kona Explosif. This is pretty close to stock and a essentially a lucky barn find. I doubt there are any about like this with original kit, indeed I haven't come across any in 16 years of retrobiking.

Pretty much restored to standard off the peg format - XT and DX.with Kona kit (Joe's clips and Joe Murray cage). The original was a time warp find so I've simply cleaned this up and replaced matching parts with like for like. There are chips and some minor worming in areas but generally excellent with no dents.

This is about 95% off the peg accurate: Only things that are different from stock are:

Grips (have used foam hex grabons as these are similar to the original Kona rubber hex grips)
Bottle missing
Brake blocks different
Saddle is the same but is missing the Kona print on the rear yellow tab
Deore XT sharkfin as original was missing
Chain - swapped for a new one

Otherwise everything's the same. Original paintwork and original decals.

After £650 collected

Welcome to come and tyre kick.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":3b62ij8r said:
Seat clamp isn't original so take off £400 and you're nearer a more realistic price ;-)

How is it not original? It's the same as the 1992 cindercone and 92 Lavadome I also have?

Had a load of offers for swaps etc so I'm open to Ringle, cooks etc but also looking for a Slingshot or another F2 Pace frame in black.

Back