SOLD - FS: 1993 Answer Manitou FS System bike

Josh#78

Kona Fan
Hi there,

Due to some circumstances, up for sale is one of my crown´s jewels. I´ll call this bike a real survivor, as she was fully restored, crack welded and re-anodised in 2013. You can read and find very interesting info of all the process in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=182567.
So, she had some cracks in the head tube, downtube and bottom bracket. After the work of welding, only a scar in the downtube is noticeable. Suspensions are also fully restored and everything works as it should. Up to you, is if you want to go for a ride into the singletracks, or not...

I bought it from a guy in Barcelona as a frame set with some components and parts, back in 2016. Then I invested more money and time in very nice and matching parts for this beauty.

BIKE CHECK is:
- 1993 Answer Manitou FS System 18" size.
- Full Shimano XTR m900 groupset.
- Answer Hyperlite bars.
- Answer A-Tac stem.
- Answer-Manitou (Ringlé) seatpost.
- Selle Italia Flite Titanium saddle.
- Wheelset composed of Mavic X517 SUP rims laced to Ringé Super Bubba front hub, and DT Hugi rear hub.
- Tune titanium skewers.
- Panaracer Dart (original) and Smoke (re edit) tyres.

Price for the bike (excluding pedals shown in the pics) is 2995€ (euro) + shipment. Bike is located in Bilbao (Basque Country, ESP), happy to post to UK/EU at cost.
NEW PRICE! (See the explanations below on the thread): 2495€ + Shipment

Here you have some images. If you need more info, just ask! :)

Cheers

Josh

Attachments

• Manitou8.jpg
    Manitou8.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 1,244
  • Manitou7.jpg
    Manitou7.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 1,242
  • Manitou6.jpg
    Manitou6.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 1,243
  • Manitou5.jpg
    Manitou5.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 1,244
  • Manitou4.jpg
    Manitou4.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 1,243
  • Manitou3.jpg
    Manitou3.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 1,242
  • Manitou2.jpg
    Manitou2.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 1,244
  • Manitou1.jpg
    Manitou1.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 1,244
Re: FS: 1993 Answer Manitou FS System bike

starmagsi":icqhuao2 said:
Great looking bike.

Thanks mate. :)

In case anyone is really interested, I´ll be open for, and hear sensible offers. Just PM me, so we can talk.

Cheers

Josh

Re: FS: 1993 Answer Manitou FS System bike

Here´s a big price drop on this bike sale...

I´d never wanted to write this, but...seems like these frames were built to crack on any condition, no matter how careful you are, where the bike is stored, or whatever.
Anyhow, I´ve just seen somtehing that I didn´t noticed when I took the bike outdoors two weeks ago, and took the pictures.
A new 1´5 cm crack appeared under the right hand side of the bottom bracket (look at the picture attached). :facepalm:

I just want to be honest, and due to this new circumstance I make a big drop on its price. From the 2995€, I´d like to get minimum 2495€ + shipment.
If the bike is not sold on that price, she will return to the stable with the rest of the bikes, and in the future I´ll repair that little crack.

So, if you any question or you want any further info, don´t hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

Josh

Attachments

• Manitou crack1.jpg
    Manitou crack1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 854
Back