1991 MC1 Klein Adroit Backfire Full Campagnolo XL PRICE DROP

jmazpiazu

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello,

I know I will probably regret this but here it goes. Up for sale is this 1991 MC1 Klein Adroit Backfire Full Campagnolo in XL / 22” size.

The bike was purchased from a fellow member of RB in 2011. I planned to ride it upon its arrival but I have been traveling abroad frequently since and the bike has sat untouched in my garage for these 7 years. Now I´m involved in other projects (not mtb related) and I cannot justify to have it sitting around anymore.

This Klein is in absolute pristine condition. Most of the parts are in mint condition and some of them are New Old Stock. Check the specs below for the details.

The original Backfire painting is in mint condition. Super bright colors, with no fading, no dents, no drilled holes, no chainsuck and no crack at the seatpost clamping. I´ll let the pictures at the end of this post speak for the condition of the frame / fork / MC1 and parts.

Regarding the serial numbers of the frame and fork, the frame is #50 and the fork is #1, so that means this is one of the very first Adroits to leave Chehalis. Find more information on this subject here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=273546&start=50

Needless to say that very early Klein Adroits in this size and condition rarely come up for sale so this could be a great opportunity for the right person. I am not willing to split the bike so please do not ask.

My asking price is 7.500 € + shipping at cost, OBO. NOW 6.000 € OBO. Wire transfer payment. The bike is located in Spain and it will be professionally packed in two separate boxes for shipment.

I have plenty of references. Check my feedback thread below my signature.

High resolution pictures available upon request.

Any questions please drop me a pm.

Thank you.

Specs:
Frame: Klein Adroit 22" 1991 (Original Backfire Paint)
Fork: Klein Strata (Original Backfire Paint)
Brake calipers: Campagnolo
Cassette: Campagnolo (13-30)
Crankset: Campagnolo
Pedals: NOS Campagnolo Centaur
Bottom bracket: Klein
Front derailleur: Campagnolo
Rear derailleur: Campagnolo
Levers: Campagnolo
Shifters: Campagnolo
Headset: Klein
Cables: Campagnolo
Handlebar: Klein MC1 (full length)
Stem: Klein MC1
Handlebar grips: Klein
Seatpost: Syncros 425 mm.
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite with Carbon Rails
Tyres: NOS Panaracer Smoke 2.1
Quick Release: Campagnolo
Hubs: Campagnolo
Rims: NOS Campagnolo Atek

29xt4z8.jpg

t98e9f.jpg

9ih0ro.jpg

34h9bwk.jpg

i5qb1x.jpg

2ewcmis.jpg

331nn2f.jpg

14vicsi.jpg

28wjfyr.jpg

2a0b4i8.jpg

9uoeg9.jpg

59sax0.jpg

2u8zbxe.jpg

Re: 1991 MC1 Klein Adroit Backfire Full Campagnolo XL / 22¨

Good grief that's pretty. I often thought the 22 inch frames look a bit out of proportion, but not a bit of it there, thats lovely.
GLWS

Re: 1991 MC1 Klein Adroit Backfire Full Campagnolo XL / 22¨

Thanks everyone.

Following some members´ requests, here are some pictures of the bike under natural light:

2cp9ahj.jpg

jsow1f.jpg

2ccw8p0.jpg

2hcpy52.jpg

qxl739.jpg

2wg6m44.jpg

16h2s1w.jpg

e9y8ok.jpg

hs75v7.jpg

n1w2df.jpg

102o1ud.jpg

Re:

Beautiful bike, such a shame it’s so big. If only it was a smaller size.. Good luck with the sale!
Star12

Back