Orange C16R true singlespeed conversion by Argos £200 in SW

Jacque Lucque

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello all,

I recently bought this cool wee bike a few weeks ago with grand ambitions to turn it into a rad fixed gear touring wagon. However, Christmas cashflow demands it must go.

The bike was at some stage converted by Argos cycles to a singlespeed with burly track ends brazed in place of the regular dropouts. I believe this is the same bike that Barneyballbags sold some time ago; viewtopic.php?t=131864&start=15

The frame measure approx 57cm TT and 51cm ST. 1" threaded headset.

Build roughly as follows;

Halo front hub on Mavic 517
DMR Revolver with generic freewheel on Mavic 721
A-head adaptor with 1" stem
Deore LX headset
Avid brake levers
Shimano deore brakes
XT HT2 cranks with Saint BB
Also throwing in UN72 with Truvativ cranks
A chainring to match both of these
Shiny new singlespeed chain
Original Orange seatpost and knackered BLB saddle

Overall, a very serviceable build that is most of the way to go. The only thing I'd do is replace the rear QR with a bolt on option. The threads have just been chased and it is, overall, in well used but great nick.

I'm scribing and snapping this as quickly as possible before I leave work hence the disassembled state! If you are keen on the bike, I am happy to supply it as is or build it up for you.

I'm looking for something in the region of £200 for a quick sale and would ideally like it picked up from Central Bristol. Happy to post for cost as well.

I will not be in Bristol or able to access the bike until Thursday the 20th December. A just-in-time xmas present?

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.
Jack

IMG-9236.jpg<

IMG-9237.jpg

IMG-9238.jpg

IMG-9239.jpg

IMG-9240.jpg

IMG-9241.jpg

IMG-9242.jpg

IMG-9243.jpg

IMG-9244.jpg

Back