SOLD -1997 Dekerf Team SL with Chris King wheels - Full Bike

the_duke

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I haven't been around these parts for quite a while but the arrival of a baby means I need to liquidate some of my assets! Apologies that my 1st post back is to sell.

This frame and all of the parts came from this sale board and it seems appropriate to give it the chance to go back.

Here is the spec. All parts listed are included. The bike hasn't been ridden for about a year so I would stress that it will need a good service before being ridden in anger.

The forks seem to be holding air ok but as above, I would be servicing them to be 100% happy.

Frame: 1997 Dekerf Team SL - A few chips to the (original) paint have been poorly touched up. There aren't any dings. I would call it good condition but don't expect perfection.

Size - 18" centre of BB to top of Top Tube.

Fork: Fox F100 RL (Reduced to 80mm travel) - The stanchions look in good condition save a small mark on one. There are a few scratches to the crown and sliders expected.

Headset: Chris King
Stem: Syncros - replacement decals
Handlebar: Yeti Carbon Fibre F1
Grips: Ritchey Foam

Brakes: XTR M950
Brake Cables: Shimano XTR
Brake Levers: XTR M951

Shifters: XTR M951 - 99% of the time they work perfectly but i have experienced the rear shifter fail to ratchet randomly.
Front Derailleur: XTR M950
Rear Derailleur: XTR M952
Derailleur Cables: Shimano SIS
Cassette: XT M737
Chain: KMC X8
Cranks: Race Face Turbine
Chainrings: Race Face
Chainring bolts: AC
Bottom Bracket: FSA Platinum Pro ISIS
Pedals: DMR V8 Mag

Hub Skewers: Salsa Ti
Rims: Mavic
Hubs: Chris King Classic - These make the best noise of any wheels I've ridden!
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke / Dart re-issue

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite
Seatpost: Syncros - decals have been removed so is now just black

Weight: approx 24lb

I'm not going to wax lyrical about the bike because you will all know how good they are already! I would be happy to send more detailed pics and answer any questions I can to interested parties.

PRICE - I am looking for £1000 all in. My absolute preference is cash on collection - it gives both parties peace of mind. That being said, I may be persuaded to post within the UK at the buyers expense. I can not accept Paypal unless some arrangement can be made about the extortionate fees!

I am based just south of Bristol.

I have been out of the Retro loop for many years so if I am way off on price let me know. I won't be offended by realistic offers.

The pictures should do the talking but again I will state, the bike and the forks need a service and the paint is not perfect.

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

Luke

Re: 1997 Dekerf Team SL with Chris King wheels - Full Bike

That is some machine, looks fast af.

Hotwheels.":3h7rackk said:
That is some machine, looks fast af.

It would be in the hands of a better rider than me!

Sorry for being a time waster. But size seems to be off for me.

Anyone that has an team SL in DeKerf size 17½ (3½" head tube) or 18½ (4" head tube)? I am on the lookout!

Re:

In the interest of clarity.

I believe that Dekerf may classify this as a 19.5

This is measured from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube.

The 18" measurement from centre of the bottom bracket to top of top tube is correct.

If any other measurement are required let me know.

Luke

Back