Little bit of PACE history - original pace grease gun

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is not the Dualco one but the one which was issued with the RC35s - nice object. Still filled with the original, blue PACE grease. 15.00 gbp plus postage to where you are. I’m keeping the other one I’ve got....PM me on 0770 250 5256. This emerged in a big workshop clear out to makes space for some new builds - and I’ve just found an original pot of new formula pace grease - the tan stuff - again a nice historical object and for anyone living surrounded by PACE objects and wanting more, I’ll just throw this in with the grease gun....

Attachments

• 98768FE3-35C9-4626-890A-F49FE9CF6297.jpeg
    98768FE3-35C9-4626-890A-F49FE9CF6297.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 760
  • 9F593EBD-8684-440A-9F71-2564323B735C.jpeg
    9F593EBD-8684-440A-9F71-2564323B735C.jpeg
    72.5 KB · Views: 378
Re:

Thanks - I think the one which he is after is the Dualco one - you can get those as generic OEM for very little. This is a bit different since the grease stops the seal-binding which can happen in RC35s in downpours (yes I ride my bikes in the rain - they get used...) and the gun was specifically the shape to to work really well with the grease ports on the RCs.

It's the same grease. If you get the pace labelled/supplied dualco, which i have at home. It actually came with one of my pairs of Pace forks RC36 iirc.

I've even got a half full pot of the pace grease somewhere.

Re:

...argh possibly a grease dispute....

I have a pot of the yellow/brown PACE grease and the dark blue PACE grease. Maybe it’s just a woolly perception thing but using liberal injections of the yellow stuff I had a binding problem on my RC35s when it was tipping down. Basically they stiffened up ridiculously, juddered in their motion and started a sort of loud moaning. Quite humourous going across the top of the South Downs in a rainstorm and sounding like a wounded cow. Raised a few eyebrows I can tell you, it was that loud. Indeed it was about that time that Jo B started to draw the cow mountain biking sidekick of MSauce with PACE forks. Very funny...hmmm. So I spoke to the nice people at PACE and they said ah...try this...and I paid for this grease gun full of blue grease. The moaning and problem stopped when I used this.

Yup. Full of blue grease. Used last time i rode the pace equipped bike. (Last summer)

Think the pot might be the yellow brown stuff actually. Haven't opened it for 10+ years. Don't think I've even used it on these forks, had some old 35s that i sold, before i moved, might be what i used it on.

Back