1991 Specialized Hardrock Sport

3narf

Dirt Disciple
Hi

This is my wife's Hardrock Sport, purchased in 1991.

OK, it's not exotic but it's a great little bike with a bulletproof frame.

Small, 15"? or so (I can measure but you can tell from the pics). Frame is Specialized Direct Drive straight gauge CroMo.

It originally came with Shimano 200GS 21-speed and rigid forks. Only the frame and seatpost are original; it now has a combination of Suntour XC Expert Microdrive chainset and mechs with Shimano 21-speed shifters and cassette.

Dodgy cantilevers were replaced with V brakes, and it has Marzocchi Zokes elastomer forks in place of the rigid ones it came with.

The wheels fitted came off a Raleigh Dynatech and are Bontrager rims on Deore LX hubs, with Continental Slash tyres.

The seat is a San Marco Concor Lite and is NOT part of the sale. It will have a different seat to go.

I just gave it a clean but it would benefit from a full strip down. The forks constantly lock up and have to be taken apart regularly; there are a few spare elastomers & stuff I can dig out. I have a pair of Pace RC35s for sale seperately if anyone wants to do a deal.

I had fun on this bike at Coed-Y-Brenin years ago when my own bike needed work; it's great to chuck about, if a little harsh possibly due to the small main triangle.

We were thinking it was probably worth £100 as you don't get much for that these days.

Anyway, let us know what you think. The bike is in Stroud, Gloucestershire.

Andy
awmccutcheon@gmail.com

Attachments

• DSC_3220.JPG
    DSC_3220.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 764
  • DSC_3224.JPG
    DSC_3224.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 761
  • DSC_3225.JPG
    DSC_3225.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 756
  • DSC_3219.JPG
    DSC_3219.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 756
  • DSC_3223.JPG
    DSC_3223.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 764
Still have this because i haven't made any effort to sell it!

Give us a shout if you're interested.

Back