Pace RC200, Hope, Chris King, IRC, Onza, Syncros, Fli

timbo678

Retro Newbie
Selling my stunning RC200 rebuild, I completely stripped this down at Christmas and have rebuilt it completely since, everything has been stripped apart and cleaned, checked, polished, greased etc etc until it is gleaming and as it is. If you are looking at this then you know what they are.

p5pb16117622.jpg

Spec: -
Pace RC35 MXCD forks
Mavic Ceramic Rims on Hope rear hub and XT front
XTR mechs, brakes, shifters
XT Cranks with Middleburn rings
Hope bottom bracket
Chris King aheadset
Onza Ules grips (the new versions)
Renthal RC130 handlebar
Syncros seatpost
Selle Italia Flite saddle
IRC Mythos tyres - still with the nobbly bits on
Answer A-tac stem
Hope skewers

The chain is new, as are the grips (re-make of a classic), cables are new, tyres are pretty much unused. The forks have been fully serviced by Pace with new elastomers but we realised that at some point the crown had been skewed so that they are not very smooth when bolted together (legs smooth when working individually) - sourcing a replacement crown will resolve this if you are planning on riding in anger.

The bottom bracket is the original Hope one and is astonishingly smooth considering it is over 20 years old, likewise the Chris King headset and hubs. The wheels are not running perfectly true, they don't rub on the brakes but I was nervous about truing them up and ruining the anodised nipples. I replaced one of the nipples with a modern match and will supply a few more spares if needed. As with the forks, if you are riding this in anger (as opposed to a pootle around) then I would give them a run over just to ensure they were up to the task.

I have given this a lot of care and attention over the last few months and will be sad to see it go, it is not being ridden but sits looking very pretty in my office! I have a full set of replacement graphics for the frame and forks (from Pace). I haven't put them on because I don't like them - they will be included as well. There are plenty of marks over the bike as expected, see top tube photo and down tube where there is a slight indentation - no cracks at all, everything consummate with age.

Happy to post, but this is so shiny you have to see it. No time wasters and I will not post overseas - immediate payment or cash on collection. I have lots of photos all throughout the rebuild if required. Open to sensible offers.

All photos are here: - https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2407390/ I am looking for somewhere around £999

p5pb16117633.jpg

p5pb16117627.jpg

Looks nice, i saw this on ebay, same price, which is strange.

Could you post some pics of the dents in the top tube and down tube please.

What is the lowest price you will take bearing in mind the condition of the frame and forks?

mark

Re:

Lots of people asking for lowest price - to make it easier - I am looking for £800 minimum

(p.s. it looks very pretty in the corner of my office ;) )

Many Thanks

Back