For Sale The END! We have stopped! Silicone Springs - elastomers for Manitou/RockShox/Proflex

rva

GT Fan
Feedback
View
UPDATE:

Dear former customers and interested parties,

unfortunately, we have some bad news: raw material prices have skyrocketed and elastomer production is a very energy-intensive process. As a result, the price of the product has increased so much that we have decided not to make another batch. We still have some B-grade Proflex elastomers (both 2.5" and 3" high) that can be bought at discount prices while stocks last. After that, we will thank the (more than 200) customers over the last 5 years who have bought from us so far and hope they enjoy using their telescopes and Proflex frames with our elastomers.

It was fun while it lasted!

Cheers, Joe & Robert, the guys behind Silicone Springs

silicone.jpg

Silicone Springs replacement elastomers for selected forks AND Proflex

IMPORTANT Brexit update:

one of my earlier customers said the limit of duty exemption in the United Kingdom was £165 (so below that you will not need to pay customs taxes and VAT) which also means my packages will always be labelled below £165 just to make sure. I have a separate parcel-insurance if things would go sideways. That means all the packages are always insured to the full (original) amount.

IMPORTANT COVID-19 update:

because of the recent virus-outbreak packages are either super slow, or I can't send them at all.
Please contact me before sending payment to discuss the actual status.

Also, sending packages to the UK (and to the rest of the world) has been a lot slower than usual. I am sending out packages as international airmail, which is equivalent to "1st class signed for" for you guys in the UK. Anybody usually has received (pre-COVID) these packages in the mainland UK in 5 working days. Now I have packages in Heathrow exchange for weeks. Please understand, this is out of my control, as the items reached the UK in 3 days. Maybe they clean them one-by-one, or there is a lack of workforce, or who knows? Just remember: the usual shipping times are not valid anymore. 2 weeks is considered 'good', 3 weeks 'average', and if it's still in transit after 4 weeks, get in touch with me. But please, don't message me 2x a day after 5 days where's your package.

- As again: by ordering, you acknowledge that shipping is out of my control once it left my hands at the post office, and I bear no responsibility for you not getting them "in time" (whatever that "in time" means to you)
- The £9,5 post listed below is an economical shipping method I use. I can send them faster, but that will have its price.
- Please note, I am as transparent as it comes when discussing shipping costs. In the end, it's your decision what you prefer. But in this covid-times cheap AND fast is not going to work.

BE SAFE, #STAYHOME

____________________________________________________________________________________

CONTACT DETAILS:

-
unnamed1.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/replacement.elastomers that's the Facebook page we run.

-
Email-Logo.jpg
it's public (the same as my Paypal address): rob at bikemag dot hu.

-
Good-feedback-logo-design-Five-golden-stars-in-frame-and-text-vector-flat-illustration-Evaluation-sy.jpg
Feedback thread this way please: - viewtopic.php?f=15&t=365285 Please post only feedback!

____________________________________________________________________________________

OK, here it is: replacement elastomer* springs for your Manitou's, Judy's, Pace, and many others.

*First things first: it's not an elastomer. What you may have inside your forks are MCU's, microcellular urethane. This is not the same. That was nitrogen injected urethane (this is how they have made it to be "microcellular"), which looked like swiss cheese or a sponge.
Ours does not absorb oil or grease since it's basically a sort of silicone rubber and is completely dense. That means it will probably outlast your forks. It has similar characteristics to MCU regarding damping and rebound, soft on startup, spongy during travel, and fairly fast during rebound. Still, it comes back to the original state faster than MCU. Not coil spring fast, but just not MCU slow. It has been ridden for years now by my friends, and zero failures yet. I have also sold some earlier here, maybe those will chime in and tell their experiences.

They are 'unisize'. That means it will fit a lot of forks. It has been tested on M2, M3, first-gen. Judy, Scott Unitrack, RST 281/381, Tange Struts/ProStruts, and some Pace. The outer diameter is 19mm height is 38mm, inner diameter is 5mm
They come in two flavors, red = soft, orange = medium. You can mix them it does not affect pricing.
I am 77kgs and run all soft.

Reference numbers: for Judy's you need 10, for Manitou's (Three, Four, Sport) you need 9 (that's 4,5 per leg, you need to cut one to half) New info: Thanks to fatchancyeti, I can confirm now that for the Manitou Mach 5 you need also 4,5 per leg. Recently I have sold these for Manitou One's and they require 6 (3 each leg) also Manitou Two needs 6 (3 each leg).

Yes, I forgot to mention: they could be cut just like elastomers, so if the 38mm in height does not suit your needs, you simply cut them with a sharp knife.

Price: £4,5 per piece if you want to have them one-by-one, or £33 per fork, just let me know what kind of fork you have. For M1 and some M2 there is a special price of £22,5 per fork as it requires only 6 of them.

Shipping: Price is my local post office's actual pricing can be found here https://www.posta.hu/static/internet/do ... n_2021.pdf
Tracked international mail is £9,5 per set (up to 2-3 sets) inside EU. USA or other non-EU countries shipping is £12,5
Paypal F&F please, or cover costs (4%).

If you see this advertisement months after the opening post then drop me a PM and I will have some available :)
I also have 500 per week production capacity, so if you'd need a larger quantity is another discussion. Drop me a PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Now Proflex elastomers are available too. Please note: this is in the beta phase. Only write if you are aware of that fact and willing to buy them anyhow. PM for details. Some look better than the others, and no, you can't remove the 'dirt' from them it's caused by the form-separator. There are now two types available, the 2,5" and the 3" tall versions. The newer versions have less residue of form separator, so look much nicer, albeit not 100%
Please check your frame and/or fork for proper stack height. Hardness is "soft" so good up to 80-85kgs

Yes, the first picture shows them installed (so this is not a random google pic):

IMG-5409.png

IMG-7656.jpg

IMG-5641.jpg

IMG-5642.jpg

Newer versions don't look that bad, actually pretty nice.
Therefore "smokey" ones are £20 and clear ones are £33 plus shipping (same rate applies as to 1 set of small elastomers)

Last edited:
Re: Replacement elastomer for Manitou 2/3/4 & Judy and more

Great stuff, don’t need any right now but you never know :)

i missed this!. I bought PU Polyurethane 20mm diameter. if they can fit, i will order from you mate.

Hi there.
Amazing stuff.
What is the difference in colour. Hard and soft?
Very interested.
Looking for a set for some Judy SL's.
What would the price be including postage.

haydzmtb":343amhpx said:
Hi there.
Amazing stuff.
What is the difference in colour. Hard and soft?
Very interested.
Looking for a set for some Judy SL's.
What would the price be including postage.
sorry, updated the first post

red = soft
orange = medium

we can do hard (white) but that's for 130+ kgs

Think I will have a bit of a mixture then. Half and half.
Price posted?

Re:

This may be useful for a friend, just subscribing for updates and as I'll never be able to find the thread again otherwise.

Where abouts are you based as I like to meet/cash? I am requiring elastomer sets for all the fairly minty forks i've gathered...

Pace RC35AB
Pace RC35 MXC
Manitou 1 fork (the original grey ones, think they are 1's)
Rockshox Quadra 21R

I've no idea on the factory spec/size requirements as mine were all either chewing gum mush or rubber pieces/dust. I'm 13-14 stone so guessing require 'firm'.

Cheers

Re:

I’m away for the weekend, so all pm’s and other inquiry will be answered Monday. Cheers.

Back