Kona Explosif 19” for sale

Stevey

Dirt Disciple
Kona Explosif 19 inch 1991 or 96 can’t remember classic steel frame, professionally powder coated and decal Chris king, Mavic Crossland, Hope, full xt, Raceface, Marzocchi bomber much loved only selling as I need a Brompton commuter for work. £800 ono

well the '96 has the columbus tubes with the ovalised ends so very distinctive and easy to tell apart from the '91 :)

A pic is a good idea if you want to sell, i doubt anyone will buy a bike for £800 without seeing it and it would help to identify the year, also location would help and condition etc :)

mkone":nrb4n5qy said:
well the '96 has the columbus tubes with the ovalised ends so very distinctive and easy to tell apart from the '91 :)

A pic is a good idea if you want to sell, i doubt anyone will buy a bike for £800 without seeing it and it would help to identify the year, also location would help and condition etc :)
Agree with Mkone. Can't expect a sale of a bike for £800 without a specification of parts and photos. To me it sounds vastly overpriced. My opinion. Glwts.

Stevey":3hveqg8m said:
Kona Explosif 19 inch 1991 or 96 can’t remember classic steel frame, professionally powder coated and decal Chris king, Mavic Crossland, Hope, full xt, Raceface, Marzocchi bomber much loved only selling as I need a Brompton commuter for work. £800 ono

Welcome to sell your bike & disapear

Re:

By my reckoning it isn’t a ’91 or a ‘96 as suggested by the seller:

The ’91 would have a forward facing integral Seatpost clamp.

It certainly doesn’t look like Columbus Max tubing of the ’96.

The ‘92 Explosif has a separate Seatpost clamp and braze-on Seat Stay Rack Eyelets like the one on e-Bay, so we could assume the Rear Brake Cable Stop was an addition before powder coating. However, it also has Tange Prestige Concept tubing, and the bike for sale appears to have no flare to the Seat Tube at the bottom bracket – hard to see in the pictures, but it is fitted with Low Clamp Front Mech.

So what is it? 1992 Hahanna, Fire Mountain, Lava Dome….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Explosi ... SwKIdaaE0C

Pip

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Jury's out on this one...

Not a 1996 Explosif (as already pointed out), tubing profiles, cable routing and rear dropouts all wrong..

Probably not a 1991 either, should have integrated seat clamp for one, which this doesn't (unless it's been chopped off). It's hard to tell if it has the Prestige Concept tubing as the pictures aren't great and it's a dark colour.

TBH I don't think it's an Explosif, daft price or otherwise :?

EDIT: DIdn't see that Pipmeister had pretty much written the above :facepalm: :LOL:

Back