Mavic Crossmax (1st gen) Ceramic wheelset £140 posted SOLD

Fatal Swan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Mavic Crossmax 1st generation wheelset - you know the ones. I hadn't been planning to sell these (I've been keeping them as a spare set for the exact same wheelset on my main bike) but I replied to a wanted ad for a similar wheelset recently which made me realise they're probably just destined for storage for the forseeable future. And I've got my eye on something else now that will require some funds, so I'll tentatively put them up for sale.

I think they are in good shape considering they must be over 20 years old by now. When I spin them they are running true though I think the front has a slight up/down movement that I assume could be corrected easily enough with a spoke key I imagine. I think the front hub could benefit from a service as it sounds a little 'rumbly' when it spins and the axle fixings don't seem to be tightened up securely at the moment. (As you can probably tell, I'm hopeless with wheels and haven't touched them since I bought them.) The ceramic layer is still there though there are some nicks in it and the odd chip, as pictured. All the decals are still there as far as I can tell and they are mostly in pretty good order. Rim tapes fitted.

Now reduced to £140 including postage SOLD

Attachments

• IMG_2743 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2743 (Custom).JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG_2741 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2741 (Custom).JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 1,226
  • IMG_2737 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2737 (Custom).JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,227
  • IMG_2747 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_2747 (Custom).JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 1,226
Re: Mavic Crossmax (1st generation) Ceramic wheelset

Bump for the Crossmaxes - I thought this was about the going rate for these but will consider offers... ;)

Re: Mavic Crossmax (1st generation) Ceramic wheelset

Quite tempted by these, allready got 2 sets... bit of a soft spot for these crossmax wheels. Funds are spent after chrimbo so have to pass this time. Have a free bump instead.

Lovely wheels folks & light too

If you’d be interested in swapping them for something then pm me... got a Giant Cadex CFM1 frame or Peugeot Anaconda in the ads just now. Various other bits & bobs... Rockshox Mag 10s?

Re: Mavic Crossmax (1st gen) Ceramic wheelset £140 posted

My garage is filling up with more things I don't need this week so I'll try a big reduction on these to see if I can shift them!

Back