SOLD 1993 Marin Eldridge Grade

tompotblenny

Dirt Disciple
****UPDATE: SHIPPING NOW AVAILABLE****** I discovered this in my friend's garage covered in years of dust and dirt and liberated it after agreeing to split the proceeds with him! It's a pretty fine example of a 1993 Marin Eldridge Grade that has seen only light use. It's cleaned up really well but is too small for me to keep - size is 17.5 inches centre crank to centre top tube.

There's very little rim wear on the Mavic M231 rims and the red nipples look great. LX Hubs. It is still fiitted with the original Marin Lite tyres and the rear shows only a little wear. Brakes are LX with original pads and chainset LX with some of the black rubbed off by a toestrap plus a few other minor marks. Front and rear mech are DX as are the brakes/shifters. The shifters work fine but would benefit from a flush with degreaser and relube as the bike had been unridden for some time and they are slightly sluggish. The Selle Italia Flite Titanium saddle is in great condition with no scuffs or tears. Marin Lite bars and stem (there's a little splodge of glue on the stem that I have not tried to remove). Original foam bar grips and Marin bar ends (chips from use/storage). The paint has worn off the pedals and bottle cages in places too.

I have replaced the chain, BB (although saved the old one as it didn't seem bad once I had removed it!) and selected decals where they had been scuffed whilst the bike was stored. I have some spare decals as didin't want to replace originals unless I had to and they will be supplied with the bike. There's been some very minor touch up of paint on the top tube and chainstay which I've tried to show. There's a little bit of cable rub on the headtube (hidden by a cable!).

Overall, I think this is a pretty good example and a similar one recently sold for £225. So £195 ovno for this one please. Collection from Chorley in Lancashire so pretty easy to get to from most places in the north. I work from home so can manage most times for viewing. Any questions, please ask. Here's a shed load of pics:

Touched up small chips on top tube.

Sorry this one a bit blurred . . . shows touch up on chainstay . . . only visible when close.

Re:

Wow, that's possibly the most original one I've seen! I lusted after one of these as a 15 year old. Thank goodness I have enough projects to play with at the moment.

Good price in my opinion - have a free bump and GLWTS :)

Re: 1993 Marin Eldridge Grade

It looks like a 27.5" frame. Look it's as big as the doors in your house. Lol. I would have snapped this up but I live on the south coast. :( lovely example.

Re:

Let me go see if I can blag a bike box from the bike shop over the next couple of days. Any idea what the cheapest way is to ship it?

lovely bike, half tempted myself but al the way north in Scotland... recommendation on postage when pick up only would be to offer... the opportunity to drop at known local bike shop for them to box / buyer arrange courier pickup from shop. Ive done this a few times with sellers who dont want to do it. Usually £10-£15 for bike shop to box it. then personally arrange your own courier such as Paisley freight for example.

Thanks for the tip on Paisley Freight. I hope to get to as bike shop today so should in theory be able to offer pick up/freight shortly. Happy to pack it well.

Back