Ritchey Supercomp, American Breezer, Ibis Szazbo For Sale

seawolfy

Retro Newbie
Hello - Selling a 1980's Ritchey Supercomp, and 1990's Ibis Szazbo and a 1980's American Breezer:

1. 1988 Ritchey Supercomp - Slightly uncertain of year as this was the year listed when I purchased it a few years ago. I've included a shot of the serial number for verification (though it's hard to read clearly due to thick paint). $1650 + shipping + fees.
Bike is a 19" and rides really well. Newer tires.

2. 1996-8 Ibis Szazbo. Size is small, color a very vibrant red. Frame only, great shape. $600 + shipping + fees.

3. 1987-89 American Breezer (frame only). Size 19" Navy blue. Decent condition. $450 + shipping + fees. SOLD

I don't mind shipping to EU or UK but am unfamiliar with the process. Payment via PayPal as long as buyer includes fees.

Thanks,

Mike W>

Attachments

• IMG_4010.jpg
    IMG_4010.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,079
  • IMG_4018.jpg
    IMG_4018.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,081
  • IMG_3975.jpg
    IMG_3975.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,079
  • IMG_3980.jpg
    IMG_3980.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,080
How about a little more description on the Ritchey? FYI the serial number means the size is actually a 20". What's the wheelset? Are the components original (they look newer)? Is it a repaint? Is the bar/stem combo original? That's a lot of $$$ and not much to go on.

Thanks

heya shogun - sure! happy to provide whatever info anyone wants on it! the serial does label it a 20." it measures 19" ctc which i feel represents the fit better but yeah, ritchey 20."

wheel set is a weirdo: rims are mavic 231's, deore xt rear hub, suntour xc comp front. they look good, ride great, but probably not og. cranks r ritchey/suginos which probably are og. same cranks as on my 17" super comp. deore xt rr and fr derailleurs (probably og) shifters are deore lx combos from early 90's i think. post is an xc pro (original id guess) avocet saddle too. xt brakes r og.

no reason to think its a repaint. bike has been ridden and enjoyed. not the cleanest, but also not purchased by a dentist and hung in a garage after one ride (sad!).

bar, no (generic) stem (ritchey force tig) probably not…i wish i knew what happened to the og yellow fillet stem or bullmoose but i never had it. if i did i'd price the bike over 2k.

pricing is really subjective but...i really felt like the bike was priced to sell. fantastic top of the line bike from a great builder at (what i feel) is his best period. if it was all perfect id price at 22-2400. this is a great way to get into a super comp for not a lot of dough. but its just my opinion and if I'm way off it won't sell and ill be stuck riding around on a pair of matching bikes with my wife.

let me know what you think, i do value your opinion and like seeing other peoples perspective on this stuff.

thanks man,

mike

Back