Price Drop: 1989 Marin Palisades Mountain LX groupset

domperry76

Old School Hero
1989 Palisades in blue with full Mountain LX groupset.
Frame is in OK condition considering its age - some rust, particularly on the seatstays, so needs a respray, but it looks otherwise sound. No dings or dents. Fork is the stock Tange number, in matching blue.
I think it's a 19in frame, but the measurements are:
TT - 23in/58cm
ST - 19.5in/50cm
DT - 25in/63cm

£150 for the lot (only missing chain and grips) or will split. Prices/spec as follows, postage will be about £5-10 for parts, £20 for the frame. Collection from Dorking is free, of course. :) It's all in good condition, unless indicated.
F/Mech: FD-M452 (£10)
R/Mech: RD-M452 (£15)
Wheels: FH-M452/HB-M451 on Araya MP22, inc 12-28t cassette (which looks original, or at least groupset specific) (£30) Hubs feel OK, no play, and the freehub still ticks reassuringly.
Shifters: SL-M453 thumbies (l/h shifter is missing its top cap and shows a wee bit of rust)
Brake levers: BL-M451 Levers and shifters fit together (like an early I-Spec B) so sold as a unit (£15)
Brakes: BR-M454 (£15 for two pairs)
Cranks: FC-M452 175mm 46/36/26 Biopace. Tapers are nice and square. (£30)
Frame/fork/headset/bb/bars/stem: £40

Pics are here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtQvSgbr8qvXqqsBTqpIJhx9k-p5qg

Is any of this still available? I'd be interested in the Frame/fork/headset/bb/bars/stem
Where are you located?

If it is still available, I could potentially pick up this weekend as I will be in London. Could you tell me the standover height, please? (i.e. the height to the top tube from the ground with the wheels in).

Thanks.

Re:

Hi, will measure it tonight and PM you the details. Annoyingly, I'm away this weekend in the north but can leave instructions with my wife if you can collect?

Latest posts

Back