NOW £100 posted - Marin Palisades 1987/88 plus parts

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hey guys, due to a potential relocation of home and work and due to this being too large for me, I'm passing her on.

This is a lovely Marin Palisades from either 88/89 with a Tange steel frame 21" centre of BB to top of seat tube.

The paint has faded a little (see the chainstay for the original red) the decals are still nice but I do have a full decal set from Gil_m (cost £36 alone). I'd planned to totally strip and have her repainted then add the decals but you could use as is or touch up/spray the rear triangle which has the most paint chips.

The bike came to me with some parts which I wasn't happy with so I have replaced:

The chainset with a good condition Exage 500LX which is very close to the original.
Black plastic pedals replaced with new Wellgo cage pedals close in look to the original.
The rear Exage Trail mech had a worn logo so I have replaced it with a nicer one.
The cup and cone BB had already been replaced with a smooth sealed Shimano UN71.

Included will be:

The new decal set from Gil_m.
A Kalloy seat QR, rubber handle type.
A set of 4 new Clarks bolt on type brake pads.
A spare middle and outer Shimano Biopace chainring.

The rear tyre is a wide Specialized Crossroads II, the front is a similar patter no name model.

The chain, cassette and rings run well with minimal wear.

The headset and wheel bearings feel fine but if your stripping and cleaning them new grease would be good.

The saddle and bottle cage are Specialized, I reckon a nice Rolls or SanMarco would top her off nicely.

This can be used as is but it deserves a strip and repaint to be a beautiful retro ride again :)

£100 posted in the U.K. Or happy for you to collect from Rainham, Kent.
Will post worldwide at cost.

Re: Marin Palisades 1987/88 plus parts

Bump for a lovely bike you can use as is or stamp your mark on and make stunning this Autumn :)

Re: Marin Palisades 1987/88 plus parts

Up again, need to move this on as I'm moving soon and may have a mini Minifreak on the way ;)

Re: REDUCED - Marin Palisades 1987/88 plus parts

Great bike, a pal of mine had one new - really relaxed and fun thing to ride.
Pity it's 4" too big for me.

Re: REDUCED - Marin Palisades 1987/88 plus parts

hamster":zomfbluu said:
Great bike, a pal of mine had one new - really relaxed and fun thing to ride.
Pity it's 4" too big for me.

I have a stretching rack I'd bung in if you collect :LOL:

Hope the New Forest is lovely today, I come from Dibden Purlieu near Beaulieu.

Back