Slingshot frame. With seat post, clamp, bb and front mech.

Eric

Dirt Disciple
I'm selling my Slingshot frame with a seat post, clamp, bb and front mech for £200.

I bought it off this site a few months ago, but I never finished building it. A new project means its up for sale. The seat post and clamp are original, the front mech is a Suntour XC Pro and the BB is in the frame, but is a bit clicky.

jez-2-many-bikes":ji3irwwo said:
WAH I want this.

I think tho that 22.5 for a top tube is too short for me at 6' tho. Any opinions out there?

Put a longer cable :LOL:

Must ignore and finish Fuquay

Make these nice bikes and frames go away, someone buy it.....pleeeaase!

Stu

Hi Eric

Seriously Im keen if this frame is suitable for a 6' person....

I really want one of these.. even if its to just try and see how it rides..

Jez,

I'm afraid the frame is a bit too small for you. An appropriate size would be a 19" ctc.

Slingshots are designed to be fit with a longer toptube so that the riders weight is balanced between the rear axel and the front arc created by the pivot. This allows the front axel to float through the arc path created by the pivot. Though you could probably extend the seatpost and stem enough to ride, it would place your center point too far forward, weighting the front wheel. This resdistribution will cause the bike to be a handful on descents and less effective under power.

After riding for Slingshot for four years, I can tell you that a properly sized frame is ALOT of fun to jam on. In fact, set up as a ss, it can't be beat for the smile factor.

cheers,

rody

Sling shot

Now there is a bike I allways wanted and it would seem to be in my size.
I dont know much about them, what year is it? And what is the headset size.

Back