MikeD

Senior Retro Guru
This owes me nothing and is also very slightly broken, so it's free to whoever wants it - just cover the postage or make some arrangement to get hold of it.

IMG_4861 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

It's a 20in 1991 Cannondale SM700 "Green Chameleon", black with green splatter. Matching Ritchey fork included, turning in a low-miles Ritchey Logic headset. The stem is the original one, with the (now somewhat faded) Green Chameleon graphic. You'll also get the (working!) Odyssey Aerator seatpost, seat binder and a little-used UN52 BB.

The downside is that there's a small crack emanating from one of the bottle boss holes on the seat tube. I suspect at some point someone's got a bit enthusiastic trying to nip up the rivnut bottle boss. I stop-drilled the crack and it hasn't got any worse over the last few years (and I have been riding it). It's not in a particularly highly-stressed bit of the frame and it's easy to keep an eye on, but, well, use at your own risk :) Apart from that it's in fairly decent nick - a few paint blemishes that would benefit from touching up, but not at all bad.

IMG_4865 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_4864 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_4863 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

Re:

Hey Mike, may I take you up on this?
This happened to my M700 in October and I really want to replace it :cry:

I could live with that crack!

Nice one :D
Got hit crossing a duel carriageway by a truck doing 40mph through a red light. I loved that bike :cry:

Great karma

I think street deserves it after that, but on the off chance it doesn't work out can I be next in line

I'm still amazed I lived through it to be honest. I did break my neck and shatter my pelvis and I've got a lot of physio still ahead, but I was told less than 15% of people survive an impact at that kind of speed and less than 4% of those come away without life changing injuries, so I really am lucky.
That M700 was my favorite bike and I was pretty gutted about losing it that way. This is a really great replacement, I'm well chuffed!

Always wear a helmet!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

**** me that's some accident. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

Hats off to you for getting back on the bike.

Back