PACE RC100 Frame no RC 041 for sale £650 + shipping

MrCat

Retro Newbie
Complete bike up for sale. £650 + shipping
PACE RC-100 frame no RC041 (earliest confirmed frame number on the retrobike list)
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20895

Lots of stories about this frame - probably the most important is how it came to be black... It was originally grey/silver - but I had a sizeable off in 1997 and found a month or so later that I'd cracked the weld where the head tube joins the downtube

I sent it back to Pace, they welded it and refinished it in the lovely black it is now.

In 1999 a photo of it ended up in Total MTB mag in an article

Unfortunately just after that photo was taken the original cranks went the way of so many of these cranks - they have been replaced though with period correct bullseye cranks

There are of course some issues - the forks need new elastomers.

And that's it! it's a good rider, sort the forks and it is good to go! The tubes even still hold air...

I'm only selling it as it needs to go to a home where it is appreciated. I love it as I've had it err 27 years... But it's just hung in my garage and it needs to be used.

Loads of photos here
https://www.facebook.com/JohnnyGalbrait ... 858&type=3

Attachments

• rc041.jpg
    rc041.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,209
  • tmb.jpg
    tmb.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,209
The bike is on the Isle of Man - you are welcome to come over for a weekends riding and take it back (seriously - we've got a big garage and a spare room)

Now you understand the tag on the magazine shot...

Any info you want I'm happy to provide, more photos etc etc.

Re:

What size frame is it?

(interested pending it being the right size for me).

I "think" it's a 17" frame. That's a detail that has got lost in the last 25+ years. The photo though is how I have it set up - I'm 5' 10" with a 33 inside leg.

It's in my other garage - I'll go and get it tomorrow night and I can get any measurements you want :)

Just had a look at shipping and Parcelforce Express 48 large is between £41.14 (£100 insurance) and £65.44 (£700 insurance).

If anyone wants a specific postage cost PM me your address and how much you want to insure it for (it's banded in £100 increments) and I'll get that for you.

Cheers

Johnny

Unfortunately real live got in the way of Mr Uncivil (who ironically is actually really civil)

A question that was asked was "what size is it?" - it's 43.5 cm from the centre of the cranks to the centre of the top tube - so it's a 17" frame. It's 53cm from the centre of the seat tune to the centre of the head tube so that gives you an idea of the reach.

Mr Uncivil said in a PM "Looks like the whole thing needs a bit of love to bring it back up to where it should be." and I'd agree - it needs someone to look after it :)

MrCat said:
The bike is on the Isle of Man - you are welcome to come over for a weekends riding and take it back (seriously - we've got a big garage and a spare room)/quote]

Yowzer - do you let any of that space out to couch or garage-surfers during the TT races?

Back