1997 DBR WCF 6.1 "Red Cross"

chinooking

Retro Newbie
After spending nearly 20 years gathering dust I'm looking to sell this beauty. Literally has been used for about a year before I learnt to drive and decided to race cars instead. I believe this is still considered one of the best hardtail frames around with is mix for chromoly backend and bonded carbon tube mainframe. I had it imported to the UK from the US when I was cross country racing and have never seen another one in the country.

The bike rides really well, seemingly pulling off the trick of riding better than a steel frame while having the squirt of an aluminium bike. It was designed when DBR were at their peak hence the UCI world championship symbol on the frame as they had just won the World Cross Country title that year and was the last year of the WCFs production.
I’m 5’7 but the frame would be ideal for somebody about 5’9-5’10. The bike is in amazing condition the only thing missing is pedals which I’ve got on my cyclocross bike.

Spec of the bike is below;

Frame – 18” Carbon Fibre bonded to TIG-welded Chromoly
Forks - Answer Manitou SX
Headset - YST Comp
Handlebars – Titec Enduro 141
Brakeset - Shimano Deore LX V-Brake brakes
Saddle - WTB SST, hollow chromoly rails, w/kevlar sides
Seatpost - Avenir Race Post, 27.2 mm diameter
Groupset - Shimano Deore XT/LX
Bottom Bracket - Shimano BB-UN52, 110.5 mm spindle, Shell Width 68mm English
Wheels – Mavic 221, 32 hole DT Competition stainless steel spokes
Tyres – Panaracer Duster II 1.95 tyres
Weight – 11.1kg

I’m in Norfolk, UK and I’m looking for £300 and a good home where hopefully it will be appreciated, used and shown off more than I’ve done!

PM me if interested. I might take a day or to reply due to work commitments

Deano

Attachments

• DSC_0850.JPG
    DSC_0850.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 674
  • DSC_0849.JPG
    DSC_0849.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 670
  • DSC_0848.JPG
    DSC_0848.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 669