FS: Fat Chance 10th Anniversary 1992 SOLD

Barnefield

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Fat Chance 10th Anniversary for sale. 1992. Number 51 of 200. Including Big One Inch fork.

Frame number: 051A2M
Size: Medium (18,5 inch).
Upptertube horizontal: 23 inch / 58,4 cm.
Uppertube actual lengt: 57 cm
Seatpost 29.4mm.
Headset: 1 inch.

No rust, no dents anymore. I pro did some perfect welding in the bottom bracket area and got rid of a small dent in the downtube as can bee seen clearly on the pictures. Rare unique frame saved! Mission completed!

Price: 950€ - now 900€ SOLD

Thanks, greetings, Dirk

Re:

Woah now!! A nice frame, are you 100% SURE that the bottom bracket repair was completed? Only saying as it looks to me like the driveside has been stripped and tacked, and the weld hasn't been completed at the rear of the seattube/bb junction i.e. this area looks mitred but not welded....it could be my monitor playing tricks on me again, so please accept my apologies if this isn't the case and I'll happily remove this post. Be careful! :?

Re: FS: Fat Chance 10th Anniversary 1992

Yes, the repair is complete! Otherwise I would not sell it ;-)

Maybe I used the wrong word for it? The little hole was closed.
How to call that technique in English?
All rust gone and safed for the future.

Re:

No worries, fella-I didn't mean to be rude! Would love to see a close-up of that bottom bracket weld if at all possible-
ta, P.

Guys, hereby some extra pictures of the BB area. I cleaned it, so this is the real thing.
@RichieB: no internal rust. It was rust from the outsite towards insite. The rust was thorough for 1,5cm by 0,5mm. The pro did get rit of all the rust and closed the hole nicely as can be seen on the pictures:

Yes, correct. That is the difference between horziontal (58,4 cm) and actual (57 cm) length messurement. I changed that in the topic. Thanks for that!

Back