UK MTB HISTORY FOR SALE

Giom6

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
***** PRICE REDUCTION *****

Going to put these up for sale again, all in the one place and see if there are any takers. Pains me to do it but would like to see them go to good homes. I had a great deal of pleasure in finding, restoring and building these special bikes and now its somebody else's turn to enjoy them.

Willing to split them if anybody is interested in the frame sets etc.

1. 1993 Dave Yates D.O.N.K.I.S N.O.B. - 18" centre to top, 22" TT. Repainted by Argos and they did an amazing job as usual. Some of the kit took ages to find and is all NOS apart from the rims and headset. The bike could have come out of Dave's workshop yesterday! Won BOTM in July and was runner up in BOTY. Build spec is mainly M900 with the XT post, XTR cables and Ti Onza pedals. Control Tech stem and bar with Onza grips. Mavic 321CD rims and Onza Porc tyres. Dia-Compe Aheadset, Flite and of course the super smooth Rock Shox's that Martin (wadsy) build up for me with Ti bolts. £2,150

2. 1990 Dave Lloyd 753 Cats Wiskas - 19" Centre to top and it has a 22" TT. Was bike of the month April 2015. Frame was in a complete mess so had it completely rebuilt and copied the purple/magenta paint scheme from the early Lloyd bikes. It has had a new top tube, rear stays, seat stays and seat tube. Rear end was chromed and I can not tell you the amount of time it took to do the paint. Pace forks rebuilt and has lots of NOS parts on them and the colour matched crown. All the XT kit is NOS and took months to find. Wheels are MA40 rims and the headset is a Mavic 315. £2,150

Apologies for the images. Additional images on request. PM me for more details.

Attachments

• DN_B08_Lo.jpg
    DN_B08_Lo.jpg
    310.2 KB · Views: 551
  • DN_B13_Lo.jpg
    DN_B13_Lo.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 551
  • DN_B24_Lo.jpg
    DN_B24_Lo.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 551
  • DN_B20_Lo.jpg
    DN_B20_Lo.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 552
  • DL753_FB_01.jpg
    DL753_FB_01.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 552
  • DL753_FB_06.jpg
    DL753_FB_06.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 552
  • DL753_FB_07.jpg
    DL753_FB_07.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 551
  • DL753_FB_17.jpg
    DL753_FB_17.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 551
Oh my god ;)

I'd love the B.O.L.X but would need to sell a couple of bikes first unless you'd like to do a deal against another bike?

Minifreak":2wlkb20p said:
Oh my god ;)

I'd love the B.O.L.X but would need to sell a couple of bikes first unless you'd like to do a deal against another bike?
Not looking to get any more projects in at the moment so looking for cash really. Happy to wait as I think he price is putting a lot of people off!

Giom6":3jsyicj5 said:
Minifreak":3jsyicj5 said:
Oh my god ;)

Not looking to get any more projects in at the moment so looking for cash really. Happy to wait as I think he price is putting a lot of people off!

To me it's worth the money, this has to be the bike I lusted after as a teenager, lucky enough to have now had the rest apart from the B.O.L.X and Mountain Goat pass through my hands since finding RetroBike. I have 3 keepers and would love this to be my forth.

Can I please dibs it whilst I work out what to part with? Thanks

Minifreak":2fpuynz1 said:
Giom6":2fpuynz1 said:
Minifreak":2fpuynz1 said:
Oh my god ;)

To me it's worth the money, this has to be the bike I lusted after as a teenager, lucky enough to have now had the rest apart from the B.O.L.X and Mountain Goat pass through my hands since finding RetroBike. I have 3 keepers and would love this to be my forth.

Can I please dibs it whilst I work out what to part with? Thanks
No probs mate. Keep me posted.

Back