New Year's MEGA RETRO MTB Sale-OFFERS?!

fearfactoryüberalles

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Dear fellow retrobikers,

After a long and sad lamentation process during the festive season, I finally realized one can have too many bikes :evil:

So with a heavy heart I'm offering my little collection to you RB folks.

I haven't ridden them due to my main priority which was to set up an own mini retro MTB museum-emporium for me & my family to enjoy and preserve them for sentimental reasons. Sadly it looks like apart from me no one was really interested in it, so most of the bikes acquired for this reason are pretty much living a meaningless life now :cry: .

I tried to purchase rarer, or VGC mtbs, some of them are not too mainstream, mainly due to their outrageous original retail prices back in the ancient times.

Most of them were disassembled, carefully checked, regreased, fettled, recalibrated and more-or less restored/completed, partly repainted and the missing original parts were applied on them where it was possible.

Some of them were found in almost unused condition, so these bikes are left intact with patina and are fully useable "as is" or they can be a very good start for a future BOTM winner :twisted:

None of them are NOS but I did used some NOS parts on them, together with newer new parts, when it vas vital (chains, cassettes, bearings, cones, rims, spokes, saddles, etc.). Parts goup wise I tried to build them up as factory complete as possible, e.g. LX, DX, XT, XC Comp, XC Pro, etc.

After the rebuilding, most of the bikes are missing their shifter&brake cables - as I never used them - but apart from the cables, every other parts are there on them.
So after cabling them up, off you go ;) .

Price list of bikes pictured here: http://imgur.com/a/xiLoQ

Updated 2017.06.23.:
The picture list goes as:

Marin Rocky Ridge: 200 EUR

Troger Latemar: 150 EUR

Apinestars Cro-Mega: 200 EUR

Univega 5.7 LTD: 150 EUR

Scott Evolution: 250 EUR

Specialized Stumpjumper M2: 300 EUR

Cannondale SE 1000: 350 EUR

TREK 970 : 150 EUR

AMP Research B3 decal'd as KTM Race Line 1995: 600 EUR

Pinarello ALU 1992: 250 EUR

Corratec EST 1992: 150 EUR

Marin Pine Mountain 1992: 200 EUR

Marin Pine Mountain 1993: 300 EUR

MONGOOSE IBOC TEAM 1991: 150 EUR

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/xiLoQ

NO SENSIBLE OFFERS REFUSED!

For info on bikes please either check the description below the pictures or contact me in PM, thanks.

More pictures are sent upon request, too.

Further discounts are available for multiple purchases. If you fancy a frameset/groupset from any bike advertised, let me know and I can work out a price for your requirements.

Offers are welcome. Let me know, if I'm way off pricewise, but hoping I didn' set the bar too high.

Multiple purchases allows bigger discounts ;) .

Please express interest here first, then in PM to avoid confusion.

Thanks all of you,
Cheers,
Endre

Re: New Year's Clearout-20+retro MTBs

Interested in the pine mountain (and any other Marin's you may have..) pending pictures!
Cheers

where´s the rest of the 20+ bikes? I only count 3 and those didn´t make me horny so far :)
Also you should upload some pics either here or on some hosting site and share he link - without pics nobody will buy them anyway :)
Waiting curiously and expectantly...

Szia Endre,

Where in Hungary are the bikes located? :)
Nice collection, but for me basically nothing that rings my bell - the Alpinestars is cool. (size and price?)

Csö

Georg

Re: Re:

Antstark":3npdkpk8 said:
May be interested in the bouncy Cannondale. Also what is the green bike ?

The bouncy alu bike is Cannondale SE 1000 1991, 21" but suprisingly feels smaller. Built up with XC Pro, XC Comp, NOS XC LTD brakeset, Nos XC Expert brake levers , Rock Shox forks are NOS & working well rear wheel fully NOS built up, NOS Panaracers, rebuilt front XC Pro hub, new headset&BB, lots of Ritchey parts.

Sadly the original rear shock & the FORCE 40 stuff is long gone, but the Pepperoni forks is alive & well I'm giving it with the bike of course.

Price: 350 EUR, it cost me much more to build, let alone buying it from the previous owner, as a total mess, as it wasn't cheap :(
Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/1lBoj

Endre

Back