Wheels from 89 Saracen - Deore/Wolber

riddim-track

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As part of a major clear out I'm selling these.

I gave these a really good clean up, rebuilt the hubs and re-tensioned all the spokes last year. The brake surfaces are around 1mm in from memory so life left in them. The rear is perfetly true, the front has approx .5 mm wobble in it which is only noticeable under braking or on a wheel jig. I couldn't tension this out so likely the wheel took a knock at some point. Haven't been riden since clean up and service so in great shape still, the below pics were taken at that time.

They have ?Deore DX hubs 130/100mm with Wolber anodized rims and stainless spokes

I can get better pics in the day light if required but heres some quick ones on the bike.

How does £40 sound? I'm into road bikes usually so if that's way out someone give me a heads up please. Given the amount of time I spent cleaning these alone that seems reasonable to me.

Located in N10 but can post if required

The saddle and stem are also on sale cheap

Re: Wheels from 89 Saracen - Deore/Araya

Sorry Araya or Wolber - can't remember and too dark to go in the shed and check, will update tomorrow

edit: ok Wolber, I stand corrected

They're nice, actually if they were 135mm I'd probably use them for my touring bike, but anyway seems a pity to break the wheels up while there's still some life in the rims.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no money...

BUT LOADS OF 'STUFF'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swappsies?

legrandefromage":25wa4duc said:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no money...

BUT LOADS OF 'STUFF'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swappsies?

Would prefer the cash right now as I'm trying to get space back at home but would consider swaps. I'm mainly after modern 11spd and light weight road parts currently...
or possibly either a square taper or 24mm hollowtech shimano triple to put on a touring bike - something like 26,36,46 or similar

Unused Hollowtech and BB (Octalink)

and... erm... unused Deore r-mech

file.php

file.php

Back