SOLD

Jamis Diablo

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I bought this set more than a year ago from Adrian, it is still hanging in the shed and I don't have the time to build it anywhere soon.
So with pain in my heart I'll let this go.
Adrian discribed it very well, so I just quoted his add, hope you don't mind mate.

raidan73":i9dmuuaq said:
This is a 1984, 16" frame with 24" rear wheel - Cannondale's first MTB offering.
As you can see the fork isn't original to the frame but is the correct type.
Clearly the steerer needs to be cut down and could do with repainting to match the frame.
The Suntour front mech, seatpost QR and the armchair Brooks saddle are all correct for the original build, as is the rear BMX style brake caliper.
I will include a second rollercam (not pictured) to match the front and an adaptor plate to allow it to be mounted on the rear (see pic).
The rims are very nice anodised Sun numbers stamped with Cannondale and the hubs are lovely and smooth Suntour XC (strangely the rear is QR but the front is solid axle).
The tyres are more modern affairs but I'll include the and the tubes with the package.
The frameset is free from cracks and dents although as you can see it does need a good clean and polish.
Takes a 27.2mm post and standard 1" stem.

I bought the set as discribed by Adrian for 160 pounds, I did find some original parts for it that I will include:
M700 dear head rear mech
Specialized bullmoose bar
NOS 24" Farmer John tire (I have another one if somebody is interested.

p5pb13957755.jpg

p5pb13957750.jpg

My asking price is 250 pounds for the whole lot.
Shipping will be 20 pounds.

us8y.jpg

Re: Cannondale SM500 1984

That's ace! So ace, cannondale might want it back for a museum resto.

Latest posts

Back