March '93 18" Manitou fs F&F's ***SOLD***

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
I'm selling this beautiful iconic frame and forks. Importantly it has NO cracks!! The bike was mothballed a year or so after purchase and as such has very few wear marks, there are a couple of tiny dings on the top tube (they are wafer thin in the middle of the top and down tubes) these correspond with a tap probably from the bar ends or levers. They are minute and tough to spot and photograph though. I have renewed both front and rear elastomers with medium spec items. It has the correct seat post & clamp, M900 xtr band on front mech and early 3DV CK aheadset. I can also supply the rare manitou machined stem to fit this. What you see in the pics is what you get!

*****MAY ALSO CONSIDER A TRADE WITH A '92-'93 MARIN TEAM TITANIUM*****

image_127.jpeg

image_129.jpeg

image_131.jpeg

image_134.jpeg

image_130.jpeg

image_133.jpeg

£1500 plus postage.

Re: March '93 18" Manitou fs F&F's.

Possible buyers, I've seen this frame in the flesh and it it beyond stunning, a work of art. Shawn is 100% honest, the small marks can barely be seen. You won't find better, it's a bargain.

rollo91":b0pby3cc said:
Possible buyers, I've seen this frame in the flesh and it it beyond stunning, a work of art. Shawn is 100% honest, the small marks can barely be seen. You won't find better, it's a bargain.

Thanks!
:D ;)

I can also confirm the Shawn is 100% honest and an all round top bloke. If Carslberg made retrobike sellers they would be Shawn.

This Manitou is just ....LOVELY!

All time Retrobike classic can't see this hanging around long,,such shame about the small dings but those tubes are so thin it's amazing they don't just collapse ..hopefully someone buy her soon feller be great see her being built....

I have a mate who has contacted you via instargram, He used to ride for Manitou back in the day. Think he is pretty keen to try and get this to Australia. let me know if I can help.

Russ

Re:

I'm sure it isn't.... but whats that line on the rear pivot housing? (behind the BB). I had a Marin FRS that had cracked there..

Just saying as I note there is interest from Australia and it's a long way to send it...

Re: Re:

ringo":2hmxybnf said:
I'm sure it isn't.... but whats that line on the rear pivot housing? (behind the BB). I had a Marin FRS that had cracked there..

Just saying as I note there is interest from Australia and it's a long way to send it...

It's just a mark on the surface - should have cleaned it better - this bike has NO cracks!! I have a '93 Marin FRS so know where they go.....

As said I can supply close up photos to any interested buyer ;)

fitzroybikeco":3ve2ebp8 said:
I have a mate who has contacted you via instargram, He used to ride for Manitou back in the day. Think he is pretty keen to try and get this to Australia. let me know if I can help.

Russ

Cheers, just sifting through a few messages on there now...

sparkiegaz":2eta823c said:
All time Retrobike classic can't see this hanging around long,,such shame about the small dings but those tubes are so thin it's amazing they don't just collapse ..hopefully someone buy her soon feller be great see her being built....

A pair was on eBay.com a few months back and they had huge dents in the tubes but still sold for strong money. These aren't really dents, more like dints! If you get me! Tiny and insignificant on a lightly used 23 year old frame.

Cheers.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back