Pre-Production Prototype 1992 Pace RC35 forks *** SOLD ***

44Racing

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
BoTY Winner
GT Fan
Hello,

as in the title I have a set pre-Production prototype 1992 Pace RC35 forks for sale. They have a 1" threadless steerer measuring 235mm, anodised black steerer crown and black arch.

They had a full service at Fork English in December 2015 where they were fitted with wiper seals, medium elastomer set and decals at a price of £114.95 and haven't been used since so are in perfect working order.

The forks come with a brand-new 1" crown race collar

The pictures were taken this evening so show the present condition of the fork. They are in very good condition with only a few small marks as can be seen in the pictures.

Im looking for £130 ono including UK postage

I would consider swapping/part exchanging for a set of NOS or VGC 1 1/8" 1997 Pace RC36 Pro Class or Pace RC36 fork.

Cheers

Hatch

Attachments

• image1-8.jpeg
    image1-8.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,450
  • image2-5.jpeg
    image2-5.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,451
  • image3-5.jpeg
    image3-5.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,448
  • image4-5.jpeg
    image4-5.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,447
  • image5-2.jpeg
    image5-2.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,448
  • image6-2.jpeg
    image6-2.jpeg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,449
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    42 KB · Views: 1,450
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,450
Re: FOR SALE - Pre-Production Prototype 1992 Pace RC35 forks

Nice. What makes them pre-production? Looks like magura brake mounts?

secret_squirrel":1jk2z8z2 said:
Nice. What makes them pre-production? Looks like magura brake mounts?

To be perfectly honest I couldn't tell you the exact ins and outs of why/what makes this a pre-production RC35 as I am by no means a Pace expert as these are the first Pace forks I've owned, but its something that has been varified by Tim at Fork English as per the invoice pictured. I currently own and manage a factory MTB race team (44Racing Rockstar - Diamondback European Factory Team) where around 40% of the products we run on the race bikes are either full on prototype or pre-production prototype parts so going from this experience I'd say these are close to the production model, but with some small variations. Most full on prototype parts (not pre-production) are usually tested to destruction or are only run for a specified time period/or use then removed for evaluation and destroyed after.

Yes it's Magura mounts, but can easily be changed to canti mounts (not included).

I purchased these in haste 9 months ago after always wanting a Pace RC200, but after getting my frame I found it was a little newer than I originally thought (F6) and it had an 1 1/8" headtube so alas these forks were a little too old for a period correct build. I thought about doing another period correct retro build to incorporate these forks, but to be honest I've got too many builds/restoration projects going on at the moment with my Pace RC200 and a nut and bolt restoration of my 1957 MGA Coupé so these forks are now up for sale.

Cheers

Hatch

Re: Re:

secret_squirrel":30qip9lr said:
Cool. Missed that bit on Tims invoice.

Would look great on an RC100.

Glws.

They'd look epic on a black RC100 hey...an RC100 build did cross my mind, but as said I've got too much on.

Cheers,

Hatch

Nice those Hatch. Put them on your PACE build ;-)

SavagePower":2kxni6wu said:
Nice those Hatch. Put them on your PACE build ;-)

Cheers buddy...the plan definitely was to use these on my RC200 build, in my haste to buy an RC200 frame the one I sourced was a little newer than I thought, so these are a little old for a period correct build (give/take a couple of years) on my RC200. As said before these would be perfection for an RC100 build.

Cheers

Hatch

Re:

I had a pair of prototype RC35s on an ex team rc100 many years ago. The differences from what I can remember are to do with the change in diameter of the carbon lowers

Mine had did not have a smooth transition like the ones above, they had a sharp ridge.

They also came with negative rise pace stem/steerer.

Re: Re:

porschenut911":33u7lpyt said:
I had a pair of prototype RC35s on an ex team rc100 many years ago. The differences from what I can remember are to do with the change in diameter of the carbon lowers

Mine had did not have a smooth transition like the ones above, they had a sharp ridge.

They also came with negative rise pace stem/steerer.

I thought the same. Preproduction and 1st gen were identified by rough, matt carbon and a high heavy step in the leg rather than a smooth transition along with a bonded brake mount rather than clamp on. The bonding broke so second generation used the clamp on brake boss like these forks. They went back to bonded for the 94AB forks.
The legs on these forks certainly have the high stepped leg and what looks like the rough, open weave Carbon but not the brake mount, so they are likely late 1st gen, pre second gen.

These are early (not sure who this fella is, stole the photo of the web):
Bob.jpg

Here's some true prototypes:

file.php

And the first manual using a drawing of 1st gen forks:
file.php

Back