FS: Orange P7 1996/1997 STX RC model 17"

TimP

Retro Newbie
Effectively a barn find, I have been asked to sell for a friend. From what I can tell it is the original spec including tyres, Orange branded saddle, stem, bars, bar ends, seatpost and even pedals. the frame is showing signs of poor storage and has areas of surface rust but it doesn't appear too bad, I have removed the cassette, chain, rear mech and given it all a good polish and it shows very little signs of use (my friend thinks her husband probably used it for less than 100 miles in total). I have also replaced the cables and outers (in yellow obviously!). The rear shifter is a bit temperamental, but I didn't want to get into stripping it down. I did it up with the intention of racing at Brighton Big Dog in the retro category before selling but in the end I haven't had time to get fit or even ride it since stripping and rebuilding it.
Everything that should move does so freely (wheels, BB, headset) and there are no rattles. Wheels are round and straight (?! you know what I mean!)
Have the original receipt from Rayment Cycles in Brighton
Also have a yellow bottle cage to go with it

More photos in here I hope!
https://goo.gl/photos/mZ8YyDj8pgKQWe1fA

Mostly the pics show it as a SS as when I got it all the cables had seized so I took the gears off to see the general condition

Attachments

• OrangeP7.jpg
    OrangeP7.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 783
Is it 17 inch c2c or c2t? Just sold one that was too small for me and had a hankering for one that is the right size.

Re:

17" from center of BB to center of top tube. Photo should now be in the Google folder in case I am an idiot and miserable measured. Saddle could probably go up 15-20mm for me to be properly comfortable and I am 5'10"

Re:

That is 19" as Orange measure centre to top.
Is the seat post free - not seized- in the frame?
Have you had the bottom bracket out? Wandering if that's free.
In what areas is the corrosion most prevalent?
Will you post, if so how much?
The Spibb man.

Re:

The seatpost is fine, I'll be honest I didn't get as far as the BB as it is running smoothly. I could probably post, but have no box currently so would take me a bit of time to sort. Where are you?
The worst bit of corrosion is probably top tube at seat tube junction but there are plenty of pics in the Google folder.

Back