March '93 Manitou FS M2 w/grafton & xtr and no cracks!

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
I'm selling my superb 18" Manitou FS m2 complete bike. This is an excellent example dripping with top parts. Most importantly is it has absolutely no cracks! it was built on the 2nd March '93 and comes with manitou 2 front and rear shocks which have just been fitted with new nos medium/soft elastomers. The rest is 3dv Grafton and xtr, rims are super light (400grms per rim) araya rm400 with xt m730/732 hubs. Tyres are rare and light Ritchey z-max kevlar hard drive. It has the lovely billet pro-shift shifter set up. It also has the famous Answer manitou stem and hyperlight bars.

image_39.jpeg

image_37.jpeg

I will include more detailed pictures in a day or so when the weather picks up (!) which will show closely all the areas usually associated with cracking.

This bike was purchased from the original German owner who mothballed it to his basement in 1995 after using it rarely and lightly - you can see there's not even any chain slap rash on the chainstay clear protector! There are two tiny and I mean tiny dints on the top tube which are hard to even photograph, they would have caused by the bars spinning round and tapping the top tube on both sides, but they really are tiny and certainly not caused by a crash, more like being moved in storage. The tubing on these are wafer thin in the middle of the top tube and I'm sure you can even squeeze them between your fingers and fell a slight movement !! It does make for a superlight bike and so much lighter than my '93 Marin frs which is a poor relation to the FS.

£3300 posted securely to the UK mainland, other areas at extra cost.

Re:

Cheers! shame to sell but it's not been used and the next owner can decide on whether to use or abuse it!
Grab yourself a super rare bike!

Re: Re:

SavagePower":95ws15ud said:
Sublime.. piece of design masterpiece and MTB history. Lovely mate.

Cheers Ben!

Sensible offers invited, I'm reducing my small collection so no swaps I'm afraid. Unless you have a 1993 Marin team titanium hard tail ;)

eBay on Wednesday ......

Back