FS: Kona Kilauea 1997 20" frame SOLD

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Up for sale is my 1997 Kona Kilauea 20" frame. You can read about how I got it, a bit more of it's known history and how it looks built up here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=311059

It's an ace frame to ride but my unicorn policy means for every one of those I obtain, another bike has to leave the stable.

For sale is the frame plus 2 fork options (or both if you're really eager). I know how hard it is to find forks with a steerer long enough to suit so for one week only is this package deal.

The frame is in used condition. As a stickler for condition, I'd rate it 6.5 to 7/10. There are some obvious areas of patina. Personally, I'd leave it as is because there are enough good solid areas of originality. The main areas of patina are on the chain-stay, top and bottom. There are a few chips by the head-tube but the rest is good, retaining the almost dual colour of black (the base-coat) and metallic blue.

It has one small dent on the top tube which the seller failed to tell me about, on the Kilauea decal on the 'K'. It's old, and clearly hasn't been an issue riding. For me, it niggles but for you it may not.

The BB cable guide, dog collar (original) and 2 rack bolts (new) are included.

x0j0SZ.jpg

pzF35o.jpg

Hx9uWA.jpg

SOxlWt.jpg

XzvZSG.jpg

GGe8gM.jpg

1EDPBT.jpg

jZW1bf.jpg

DMyWsS.jpg

jH7FPq.jpg

F3ksI3.jpg

gVWMVu.jpg

You have 2 fork options to choose from.

The originally fitted 1997 TB P2's, with a 227mm steerer. These are in really great shape cosmetically with a few minor nicks. You don't need me to tell you how good these are to ride. It's threadless, 1 1/8 and has a star nut fitted.

0Oh77R.jpg

idn5Sd.jpg

5sKw71.jpg

jq2JQ5.jpg

FhXbxQ.jpg

rU32Lc.jpg

Frame and P2: £180 SOLD

Prices exclude shipping. I will ship within the UK, to the US, Canada and Europe. If you're further afield, let me know beforehand as it'll get really pricey and I won't be using the cheapest shipping option: there's too much risk!

No dibs. No exchanges or part-exchanges. All communication is via PM and first come first served. All deals by Paypal. Finally, as mentioned, these deals run till this time next week.

Re: FS: Kona Kilauea 1997 20" frame with 2 fork options

How tall are you Al and how did this frame fit you?

Re: FS: Kona Kilauea 1997 20" frame with 2 fork options

Well you are 4cm taller so I can see why 20" suits you. I really am used to L sized bikes which are usually 19". This one would be tad to big for me, but I am on a lookout for something like this in 19" and at this price I believe it is bargain especially with those P2s.

In any case good luck with sale mate; I just hope it finds good home it deserves.

Back