1995 Kona Kilauea singlespeed frame - PRICE DROP

MikeD

Senior Retro Guru
Not 100% sure about selling this, but it's criminally underused, having not turned a wheel since SSUK2013 :/

IMG_0170 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

It's a 1995 Kilauea which I bought in about 1998 with a broken dropout (as was their tendency). Argos Cycles in Bristol chopped off the dropouts, replaced them with stainless steel track ends, added a cable stop on the top tube for a V-brake and resprayed the frame pearlescent white. Since then it's been ridden a lot, so it's looking pretty lived-in now with various worn-off bits and scrapes. There's also a hint of sub-paint corrosion on the top tube which you may or may not be able to see in the pictures -- I think it's crept in from a nearby paint scrape.

20in frame, so if you're under 6ft it won't fit. If you care about such things it was in an MBUK article about singlespeeds sometime around the turn of the century. Also features authentic Mint Sauce Race And Flowers Team vinyl flowers on the head tube and Jo Burt-designed extremely polite singlespeed sticker on the top tube. Takes a 27.0in seatpost and 135mm rear hub.

£75 including seatclamp, reasonable Ritchey headset (crown race a bit battered-looking from being swapped off and on about eleventy forks, but turns smoothly) and UK postage. I do have a Thomson post, Shimano DX (BMX cassette hub respaced to 135)/X517 rear wheel and (yellow but has enough steerer) Project 2 as well, some or all of which could be rolled in to the deal for a suitable consideration.

IMG_0172 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0173 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0174 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0175 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0176 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0177 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0178 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0179 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0180 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

IMG_0181 by Mike Davis, on Flickr

Re: 1995 Kona Kilauea singlespeed frame

Too spendy? Open to sensible offers. Or I'll just keep it ;)

Blimey, this has been for sale for an entire year. Where did all that time go?

Still here :)

just what im after, but i need to sell a bunch of other frames first

are these 1" or 1 1/8?

ta

sorted, got some pace forks with loooong steerer already

cheers

starts getting a forsale thread together haha

Back